• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop started processing my order

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I don't know exactly what this means, but I thought that some people might care. I preordered Brawl with next day shipping way back in the summer. Today, its status changed to "Processing" and they charged my credit card for it. I doubt that this means that I'll actually get the game delivered before March 10th (stupid Sundays!), but I guess there's the possibility that they'll ship it early.

Don't get your hopes up, but I thought this was interesting anyway.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
ive wondered this myself....there is always a chance the company you ordered it from ships it to early on accident...

wow that would be my dream come true

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
ive wondered this myself....there is always a chance the company you ordered it from ships it to early on accident...

wow that would be my dream come true
I really doubt that Gamestop of all places would ship it too early on accident. My hope is that they might ship it early deliberately. Maybe they're allowed to do so for online orders if the demand is so high that the orders couldn't be met exactly on the release date. That can happen, right? :psycho: I don't really know what the contract between them and Nintendo says; maybe there's some leeway for delivery of online orders.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Mine is processing as well, but I didn't recently get any information from them. I got the original confirmation email with my tracking information, and two emails regarding delays. The last email I got was in January about the delay, so it may have already been in processing for me.

Edit: I also think they charged me for it way back when I preordered in August. So... I dunno.

Blaze890

Smash Rookie
I think it is only safe to assume that they have their stock on hand. Gamestop I believe stated a ship date for the 6th.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I have overnight shipping on this on mine is processing as well...

Hmmmmmm...

Isaku

Smash Rookie
This happened to me a couple days ago. They told me that they have so many brawl games to package to get ready to ship that they have to start on it early.

Gamestop Customer Service <orders@gamestop.com> wrote:

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:48:42 -0600
To:
Subject: Re: Gamestop.com: Order Confirmation -

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Your game will be still be shipping out on 03/09. The reason you have
been billed now is that we have so many orders of this game we have
already starting processing them. You will still be receiving this
shortly after it ships on the 9th.

Travis
Customer Service Agent

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
This happened to me a couple days ago. They told me that they have so many brawl games to package to get ready to ship that they have to start on it early.
Argh! Foiled again. I shouldn't have ordered it online. If it hasn't arrived by the 8th (which it sounds like they won't), I'll probably see if I can get it at Walmart at midnight, and then I'll just give my extra copy to my brother or something after it arrives.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing with my local game store anyway...just in case.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I doubt they will start shipping early, though. I guess it depends on how many they can ship out, since there would be some sort of limit. I am surprised at the amount of people who preordered online though, I figured I was one of the few.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
You will get it one the 11th if everything goes right. They start shipping on Monday, and they say on their site to wait at least 1 business day. They just need to process it before they ship it to you, and my guess is that they're processing everything right now so they can have the money to buy a shipment of Brawl copies, so by the time Marth 9th rolls around, they'll be able to mail em out.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
You will get it one the 11th if everything goes right. They start shipping on Monday, and they say on their site to wait at least 1 business day. They just need to process it before they ship it to you, and my guess is that they're processing everything right now so they can have the money to buy a shipment of Brawl copies, so by the time Marth 11th rolls around, they'll be able to mail em out.
I doubt they will wait that long for anyone who got overnight shipping. They should ship Friday and nothing happens over the weekend, then arrive Monday.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I doubt they will wait that long for anyone who got overnight shipping. They should ship Friday and nothing happens over the weekend, then arrive Monday.
Being a Gamestop overnight shipper myself, I actually read through that whole shipping portion of their site. They don't even ship them out till Monday, and it says to allow up to 1 business day for overnight shipping (and an additional 24 hours if it hasn't been processed yet), meaning he could get it either Monday or Tuesday, depending on where he lives.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Being a Gamestop overnight shipper myself, I actually read through that whole shipping portion of their site. They don't even ship them out till Monday, and it says to allow up to 1 business day for overnight shipping (and an additional 24 hours if it hasn't been processed yet), meaning he could get it either Monday or Tuesday, depending on where he lives.
Wow, you're right. Screw that, I'll do all I can to go by Wal-Mart Sunday and pick it up since I get a 10% discount there. I'm not paying $15 more and then waiting 2-3 days passed the release date to get the game, that's ridiculous

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Mine still says 'Pre-release', but then I only ordered it yesterday so that's to be expected. But processing a week early? That must mean a hell of a lot of pre-orders...

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
Ah. Well I preorded mine at the store and theres the tourney so I guess I get it at the Midnight launch. :O

The Sorrow

Smash Cadet
Ah i was looking for a thread like this, I pre-ordered mine from gamestop a month ago with over-night shipping and mine is processing now as well

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
I ordered mine from Amazon, Blah - But at least i got free shipping on it, I think by March 11th I'll have it... I think.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
same here. Though I got overdraft on my acount now because of it. i was even told it wouldn't be charged til march ninth. Ugh.

But, now it's official it's coming in the mail for me though. 9 days and counting.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I ordered mine from Amazon, Blah - But at least i got free shipping on it, I think by March 11th I'll have it... I think.
Oh god. You might have it by April... if you are lucky.

NEVER preorder from Amazon. They don't give preorders priority over normal stock. Amazon ships x number of preorders and tells the rest of the people who preordered the game it's on backorder, but then says it's "in stock" on the site for normal buyers. Then, you have to wait for shipping, and the Amazon Free Shipping takes a 7 or so business days...

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Oh god. You might have it by April... if you are lucky.

NEVER preorder from Amazon. They don't give preorders priority over normal stock. Amazon ships x number of preorders and tells the rest of the people who preordered the game it's on backorder, but then says it's "in stock" on the site for normal buyers. Then, you have to wait for shipping, and the Amazon Free Shipping takes a 7 or so business days...
I have previous Amazon Experience - and usually items come quicker than expected. I ordered Mario Galaxy from the site, (preordered i mean) and i know the hole issue about that, i didn't really care, as long as I got my free shipping :laugh:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Hopefully your experience was with preorder items. I hope you get it soon, but I just know my experience (and plenty of others) have been bad on preorders. But yeah, on normal orders Amazon ships really fast usually.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully your experience was with preorder items. I hope you get it soon, but I just know my experience (and plenty of others) have been bad on preorders. But yeah, on normal orders Amazon ships really fast usually.
I'll hope for the best, or cancel it, and run to the store. The only reason I hope i can get it on that week is simply because i have a week holiday on the same week, but if it comes in after that, I have a 4 day weekend coming up right after it :laugh:
I can only hope that Amazon doesn't **** this up like they did with Galaxy.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
****, i used standard shipping from Best buy... that prolly means i wont get it till the end of the week.... is there any way i can pick it up in store instead of getting it shipped? (i ordered with giftcards).

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
****, i used standard shipping from Best buy... that prolly means i wont get it till the end of the week.... is there any way i can pick it up in store instead of getting it shipped? (i ordered with giftcards).
You might have to re-order it. Or pick it up in store and just cancel the order, that would be best. I am giving up on online orders after the Gamestop BS getting it Tuesday/Wedensday and paying $65 for the game + shipping, when I can go to Walmart three days earlier and get it for $48, including tax.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
You might have to re-order it. Or pick it up in store and just cancel the order, that would be best. I am giving up on online orders after the Gamestop BS getting it Tuesday/Wedensday and paying $65 for the game + shipping, when I can go to Walmart three days earlier and get it for $48, including tax.
Yea, Me two, I think after brawl, everything will be done face to face and never online again.

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
I preordered from gamestop a couple of months ago so far no processing on mine hope they do it soon I also picked overnight shipping.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Here's what Gamestop had to say:

Gamestop said:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Orders for Super Smash Brothers will ship by 3/7/08. Because the
official release date is 3/9, a Sunday, and UPS does not ship on
weekends for GameStop.com, we are being privileged by Nintendo to
receive the game before the street date. This way, we can ship out
orders for delivery starting 3/10, Monday. If you have Overnight
shipping, orders should be delivered by 3/10.

Best Regards,
Valerie
Customer Service Agent
She seems to have two contradicting statements, but it sounds like it's not arriving until the 10th unfortunately.

Top Bottom