• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamespot gameplay shows faster loading times. new demo in circulation?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
The worst part of Smash 4 for me is waiting for it and that Ridley hasn't been revealed as playable yet

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Something I noticed that isn't gameplay related but is a nice touch is that Keldeo has its voice actor from the movie Kyurem and the Swords of Justice. Hearing the exact same voice clip again and again though was less than ideal.

I also noticed Fox able to act out of his illusion, but I'm sure someone else already said that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do have to say that Fox's voice actor is not very good in this game :/
I really don't mind it. It reminds me of the 64 voice actor...

I guess Sakurai decided that an anthropomorphic, spaceship flying, evil monkey head destroying, talking fox needed to sound like a cartoon character. :laugh:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that these guys are really ****ing annoying.

their video making mentality is atrocious.

of course it's a treat to be able to see all the moves, but they have such a short attention span when using a character or ***** about the camera way too much to hold my interest.

i wanted to see every move the characters had, that's why i watched the video. not so i could see you spam one move the whole time...

i understand that you're playing smash and having fun, but if you're specifically recording videos to demo the entire movesets of the characters, you better ****ing do the entire moveset and not complain the whole time like "yo this guy got nurfed yo"

Last edited:

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice
but they want to showcase every aspect of the game.

and i know this website hates it, but it means 4 player matches with items. and i for one love it.
I think demos with items is fine - 'cause that's how many people are going to play the game. But at this point we have so much footage of 4 players with items it's kinda of ridiculous how there is only like 1 or 2 videos of 1v1 w/ no items.

Also since I'm going to be playing mostly 1v1 it's hard to get a strong feel of that experience with the chaos that is 4 players w/ items.

Last edited:

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
I think demos with items is fine - 'cause that's how many people are going to play the game. But at this point we have so much footage of 4 players with items it's kinda of ridiculous how there is only like 1 or 2 videos of 1v1 w/ no items.

Also since I'm going to be playing mostly 1v1 it's hard to get a strong feel of that experience with the chaos that is 4 players w/ items.
I agree. It would be nice to see more 1v1 matches.

Have we discovered anything else in regards to this new demo?

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Definitely a newer build. DK's groundpound is still amazing, and HOLY HELL the reach on his side-B @ 1:50 !! <3
Though, we know Sakurai is hiding the truly new builds away
Holy ****. It has so much range that he can't even follow up with his ftilt (then again, his ftilt seems to have less range than in Brawl, just like most of his attacks...).

Also since someone said DK has some aerial landinglag: DK does have some lag with fair and dair, but it's quite a bit less than it was in Brawl, so it's definitely buffed up. I'll be having fun with my fair spamming again LOL. Can't wait to play FFAs.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Holy ****. It has so much range that he can't even follow up with his ftilt (then again, his ftilt seems to have less range than in Brawl, just like most of his attacks...).

Also since someone said DK has some aerial landinglag: DK does have some lag with fair and dair, but it's quite a bit less than it was in Brawl, so it's definitely buffed up. I'll be having fun with my fair spamming again LOL. Can't wait to play FFAs.
DK's Dair does have some lag on it, but I heard that you can actually combo into into it. You could go from Dair to Utilt to Uair I believe, and that was just coming from the E3 build.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyone notice the ending lag after Pikachu's forward smash?

And why does he still use the same damn voice clips? They've got like, almost 20 years worth of Pikachu sound bites to choose from.
Because the same voice actor is the same Pikachu 20 years later me thinks so if the clip is fine, I think they are gonna leave it as is.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Because the same voice actor is the same Pikachu 20 years later me thinks so if the clip is fine, I think they are gonna leave it as is.
But his Thunder voice clip grinds on me, and he sounds so bored when he uses his thunder bolt. That's always bugged me. Pikachu sounds alot more aggressive in the anime now, too.

Anyway, let's not get off topic lol. I can go on for hours about voices.

Top Bottom