• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you still play but hate playing?

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
It has to be League of Legends for me. I honestly couldn't tell you why I keep coming back to it, I never really feel like I'm having fun when I'm playing.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
That would be Dragonball Xenoverse, cause it makes my friends happy.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Er, Smash 4, I guess?
I mean, I'm not so particularly fond of the competitive scene as much, but I still play it as a skilled casual.

finalark

SNORLAX
I played though Hyrule Warriors, Sly 4 and a few others despite not liking them very much because I paid full price for these games and I gotta get my $60 out of it somehow.

Every now and then, I'll find myself playing Smash 4. For like, a few minutes. And then I'm like "Wait, what." And then I stop.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Nothing. I won't play a game if I hate playing it. Video games are an entertainment medium. I play them to relax and have fun - as I have for 26 years straight (since I was three). If I don't enjoy the game, I won't play it. Simple as that.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Well I feel that a real gem of gaming is none other than Alone in the Dark: Inferno for the ps3. This game is awful, but its awful correlation is around .98. That is to say, for every point of awful the game manages to muster, it becomes almost equal parts amazingly entertaining. Awful combat system, awful dialogue, awful arbitrary quests, and an awful ending. Together, it really is a statistical masterpiece of amazingly awful.

disclaimer: link contains a vulgar word (careful moms and 12 year olds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8KYp0aaJY

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Well I feel that a real gem of gaming is none other than Alone in the Dark: Inferno for the ps3. This game is awful, but its awful correlation is around .98. That is to say, for every point of awful the game manages to muster, it becomes almost equal parts amazingly entertaining. Awful combat system, awful dialogue, awful arbitrary quests, and an awful ending. Together, it really is a statistical masterpiece of amazingly awful.

disclaimer: link contains a vulgar word (careful moms and 12 year olds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8KYp0aaJY
I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER! I'M THE ****ING UNIVERSE!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER! I'M THE ****ING UNIVERSE!
My heart goes out to you oh kindred soul <3
If ever there was a moment in gaming that had me floored harder than that scene, I have yet to find it.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I generally quit CS:GO competitive matches because of eastern European teammates, mainly because being teamed with four russians or people from eastern Europe in general is absolutely horrible. The only English they know is "suck my c***", "f*** your mom" etc. You'll hear non-stop flaming and yelling in Russian/Polish the entire game, and it drives me crazy.

I'm Global Elite, and I've had this experience since I first started playing this game. Absolutely horrible.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Currently with Splatoon. I like the game, but I'm getting to the point that it's downright unfair going up against Japanese players that keep kicking your *** constantly. It doesn't help that they're the only people I ever come across while playing against another American, European, or anybody else is an uncommon occurrence.

I'll still play it from time to time, but I'm more interested in other games right now.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Sonic 06, I have to 100% complete it FOR HONOR AND GLORY! It's so broken though, I can't get past like the first stage.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Smash :smirk:

Seriously, Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. I really REALLY wish I could afford a 3ds. I wish people would just hire me already. :hulk:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash. Or really fighting games as a whole.

I suck at them, hardly know much terminology, and I'm fully aware that there are others who could kick my ass without breaking a sweat, but I still come back. Because they interest me.

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
Team Fortress 2.

The game, community, and competitive scene are an impressive mess, but regardless, I still go back and play from time to time.

FairyGardens435

Smash Cadet
NNID
FAIRYWARS98
3DS FC
2810-1101-1258
Let's see...

Webkinz. At first it was a lot of fun, until the paid membership gimmick arrived and ruined the site. I still play sometimes just for nostalgia.

Nintendo Land. I'm starting to consider trading it in. Not the game for me, although the Pikmin minigame is pretty fun.

Mario Kart 64-Wii. Something about it is just so frustrating,

To an extent, Smash Bros Wii U. The game online can be a real trainwreck at times. Laggy matches, spammers, others who sometimes flame at you for using certain characters (more commonly high tier characters) the list goes on.

Last edited:
Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble World, although I don't play either so much anymore. Both games just get more and more unfair and frustrating as you progress, Shuffle's legendary events were fair at first but now they're almost unbeatable without items, and every item just costs so much.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble World, although I don't play either so much anymore. Both games just get more and more unfair and frustrating as you progress, Shuffle's legendary events were fair at first but now they're almost unbeatable without items, and every item just costs so much.
Tell me about it. Pokemon Shuffle's such a pain to go through. It's why I don't think I'll be playing the game much due to how ridiculous it can be. As for Pokemon Rumble World, I'd fear it'll be the same even though I still think it's pretty fun for the most part.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Pokémon games. I don't find them enjoyable: The battle system is boring and the catch them all aspect is meh, but I love the music, how colorful the games are and the Pokémon designs. Actually, I don't really play them anymore, but I did play Pokémon from 99 up to 2014, so... Also, the anime is really fun. Haters gonna hate.

Also, mobas. Dota 2 is very stressing, the community is toxic, etc, but I kept playing it for months. Heroes of the Storm is mostly the same, but the community is a little bit better. Still stressing though, so most of the time I prefer to play co-op vs AI.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Let's see...

Webkinz. At first it was a lot of fun, until the paid membership gimmick arrived and ruined the site. I still play sometimes just for nostalgia.
I used to play Webkinz as well.

I left when it was getting VERY deluxe membership reliant and my favorite mini games were now deluxe membership exclusive.

I still have my fourty something Webkinz plushes. Maybe I'll go look for them one day.

Getting more and more frustrated on Shuffle. The catch rates of almost every Pokemon, even common ones like Zubat, are terrible. The more I play it, the more I'm tempted to delete the game....

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
For a while I dismissed this thread as being dumb because "Why would I play something I don't enjoy?" Then I realized that I've been playing the Battlefront Beta despite my experience with it being less than stellar. I'm not sure if I actually hate the game, it really makes me feel like I'm in Star Wars which is freaking awesome! But my god do I find Walker Assault to be garbage. How can anyone say that it's fine for the walker to fire into the Rebel's spawn with no way to retaliate? Or how the Imperials can run behind the Rebel's spawn, nab a turret and again fire at them? It's dumb and yet I kept playing. And worse is that I still wanna play. Especially since I got the Jump Pack and shield, holy crap is that fun!

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Ultra Street Fighter IV. I'm so ready to move on from that game when V drops. Where i live, USF and Smash are really the only two games people play.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sometimes I find myself doing things I don't want to do in games (grinding and RNG why) but actually playing a game I hate? Ehh... Can't even bring myself to seriously hate the bad Mario Maker levels, although the glitches are keeping me away from it right now.

Closest thing is Pokemon, but I only breed up a team or two just to play with my friends since they're always asking me to. Kinda slogged through ORAS in the end... I always try and keep cycling out the team to make up for the lowered difficulty, and it works pretty well. But then I have to do the battle area stuff for the good items and it's just blarg, and breeding too. At least my friends can help me move all my old stuff over every time a new game comes... I'd legit play Pokemon more if they'd just do balance patches and if IVs weren't rrrrrrrnnnnnnngggggg.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Earthbound is soooooooooo boring, but I play it whenever I have nothing else to do.

twopercent

Smash Cadet
The entire Counter-Strike series.
I don't think anyone who plays competitively actually enjoys it lol..

..And by competitively I mean in leagues, not valve matchmaking. Valve MM is pretty much a stepping stone to league play.

But yeah, I would have to agree, getting good at CS is incredibly frustrating. The amount of people with awful attitudes who play it (I was guilty of this plenty of times) is pretty big, and I can see how it can wear someone down. If you play badly in a pick-up game, your teammates will let you know pretty quickly.. I hit LEM and eventually got tired of the salt. Then I remembered I had copies of every smash game sitting around.

Going to smash bros events > listening to people ***** over in-game voice about someone not trading kills efficiently

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sometimes I go on a LoL binge for half a day, then I realize there are dozens of better things I could be doing with my time, then I put it down for about a half month and repeat the whole process.

Top Bottom