• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games with the worst cutscenes.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Are you saying Blood Falcon's ending isn't the best cutscene in a video game ever? I'm sorry, are you being wrong?
lol Those special movies were pretty cool. I was referring to how the voice acting and plot was as there probably the weakest things in the game. (Black Shadow a joke compared to how he is in the anime series)

However, the music that played in the cutscenes were just fantastic.

Last edited:

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
Unskippable cutscenes
Bonus points of it's a cutscene before a really hard part of the game that you're destined to lose at least a few times so you have to see the same cutscene over and over.
Dear God, those are the worst.

I hate when there's like hours and hours of cutscenes in a game. Look at Metal Gear Solid 4. It's LOADED with cutscenes, some of which are half an hour long. They were so confusing due to the sheer length.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I beat Silent Hill 1 last night. It was pretty good over all, but certain parts of it are actually really tedious. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. Let's take a look at those wonderfully dated cut scenes. The voice acting in this game is so horribly stilted. Like check out this cut scene where the protagonist finally starts to piece together exactly what's going on (WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SILENT HILL 1):

You sound really invested in that mystery, Harry. Oh yeah, and Cybil's voice actress delivers the line "I'm in" in the weirdest way possible.

Or how about this cut scene, right before you confront the final boss? To give it some context: Harry has been searching the nightmarish town and it's dark counterpart relentlessly to find and save his daughter. Now he stands before the person responsible for her disappearance and every awful thing that has happened to her. How does Harry sound? Furious? Weary? Exhausted?

Na, he sounds like an agitated parent stuck in a parent teacher conference. (AGAIN, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SILENT HILL 1)

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Unskippable cutscenes
Bonus points of it's a cutscene before a really hard part of the game that you're destined to lose at least a few times so you have to see the same cutscene over and over.
Exactly. Every game should have the option to skip cutscenes whenever you saw one already after losing either to a boss or a hard area. I hate it when some games don't let you skip them.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Haha Sonic Adventure had some good cutscenes but also some strange ones. Why did Sonic's face go NUTS when he talked haha

Top Bottom