• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games to play while waiting for Brawl?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
While we're waiting for March 9, what are some good games you all would recommend playing to pass the time?

I'm currently playing through Earthbound. Never played it before, so I figure it'd be interesting to see exactly where Ness came from.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I just bought Virtua Fighter 5 online for my 360, and I have Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii. Yeah, they're pretty vastly different games, but I'm enjoying them both fully and they should satiate my thirst for fighting games until Brawl hits the scene.

The Rawk

Smash Rookie
Well, there are 2 upcoming (shortly) games to grab: No More Heroes and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Those 2 should do the trick until the Brawl launch.

The Rawk

Smash Rookie
Yes, I forgot that one, as well.

Apollo Justice on February 12, as well.

That's actually a blessing, Brawl and AA4 now won't conflict with each other for fans of both series. :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Apollo justice: ace attorney
Final fantasy 3
Super mario galaxy(gotta get those last stars)
Phoenix wright: trials and tribulations (if it ever comes out)
Final fantasy 56(It'll be out before brawl)

That's what I'll be mostly playing to pass the time.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I have to finish getting all of the stars in Galaxy. I also plan on picking up the new Adavance Wars and Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I'm also replaying the first Fire Emblem that was released on the states for the GBA (Hector foe Brawl). After that, I'll try to make it through Radiant Dawn (Don't like it too much so far).

sonic130

Smash Cadet
I can tell you right now that the games that keep me busy the most are mario galaxy, and mario strikers charged. Mario galaxy has amazing gameplay, music, and the atmosphere is great. And strikers is just awesome. It's even better if you have online, cause I got that game in June or July (can't remeber the exact month, but it was when the game first came out), and I still play it, and still enjoy it. Anyway, if those games kept me entertained for that long, I can only imagine that brawl will keep me busy for years :) :) :)

sonic130

Smash Cadet
I can tell you right now that the games that keep me busy the most are mario galaxy, and mario strikers charged. Mario galaxy has amazing gameplay, music, and the atmosphere is great. And strikers is just awesome. It's even better if you have online, cause I got that game in June or July (can't remeber the exact month, but it was when the game first came out), and I still play it, and still enjoy it. Anyway, if those games kept me entertained for that long, I can only imagine that brawl will keep me busy for years :) :) :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Beaten)
Metriod Prime: Corruption (Beaten)
Mario Galaxy

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
I'm not angry or dissapointed because it knew it would happen. I dont think they will delay it yet again though.
Im actually glad about the delay so I have a little more time to play dmc4. and heres to hoping megaman will be in it.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
i am playing gh3 and LOZTP and in between the computer ill just do some crap on melee (ex. fight icc on stamina kill everyone except one popo on peach's castle or termina and the rest is self explanatory(blown up by bullet bill or sunk on turtle.))

amost

Smash Apprentice
Burnout Paradise comes out on the 22nd. I can easily play that for a month to keep me occupied.

KeasbeyNite

Smash Rookie
I'll get those last peky stars in Mario Galaxies, try and beat Twilight Princess. Hopefully Mario Kart for the wii comes out so I can have something to do after i beat both of those.(If anyone has info on when it comes out, please tell me.) And I'll play me some harvest moon; Harvest moon never gets old.

sonic130

Smash Cadet
I'll get those last peky stars in Mario Galaxies, try and beat Twilight Princess. Hopefully Mario Kart for the wii comes out so I can have something to do after i beat both of those.(If anyone has info on when it comes out, please tell me.) And I'll play me some harvest moon; Harvest moon never gets old.
Uh, about the mario cart (WII). The last thing I heard about it was that it was going to come out in december 2008. This is just what I heard, and might not be true, but I'm sure it won't matter when brawl comes out cause that game will keep you busy for years :)

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Since my friend is old enough, he might be able to buy me No More Heroes, which doesn't look that bad. I still want Brawl though

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to play LOZ:TP again until No More Heroes. After I beat that, I will probably pick up Zack and Wiki until Brawl comes out.

Snipey

Smash Rookie
Burnout Paradise comes out on the 22nd. I can easily play that for a month to keep me occupied.
^^QFT.^^

I wasn't going to get it up until the recent delay, but now I can enjoy it for a good month.
Also, CoD4 on live will keep me busy until then. Uncharted is a secondary backup.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I'll just list a few Wii games that I recommend for you to play... I'll give you a rather big list of good titles for safe measure. We all have different interest, of course.

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbados' Treasure
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Trauma Center: New Blood
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Super Mario Charged
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4

And there may be a few other excellent Wii games to go out and fetch as well that I'm forgetting. Those that I listed are just some of the better games.

There are always great Gamecube, Playstation 2, and Nintendo DS games to pick up, of course! As well as plenty of virtual console games that may attract your attention like Super Metroid or Kid Icarus.

Nookington08

Smash Rookie
The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy(Best Wii Game so far)
Zack and Wiki : Quest for Barbabos Treasure
No More Heroes(If I get it)
Paper Mario 64

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gears of War, Devil May Cry 4, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (If I get it), the Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (I haven't played it for a while, so I'm borrowing it from a friend), Golden Sun, etc.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I got Guilty Gear recently and I just got Tales of the Abyss for 9.99 New =D. It should keep me occupied for a while before the game. I'm glad for the delay, at least the game will not screw up my semester...as much.

Derilian

Smash Rookie
Devil may cry 4 - Feb 5th
Burnout Paradise - January 24th

im hoping those will be able to hold me over, ive always enjoyed the burnout series or atleast since burnout 3 the first 2 sucked

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
What I've done, and apparently will be doing for another two months, is playing every game that will be represented in Brawl.

I've already played every nearly all the games in all the series represented, but there are always a couple that I never really got around to that I'm picking up now.

I figure this way I will appreciate EVERYTHING in Brawl, not just waiting for stuff I want to see.

Best example, last semester I played all three Prime games. Never beat the first one before I decided to do this, now I have all three under my belt. When they announced the Metroid Prime level, I was **** happy to see it. If I hadn't played through those games I wouldn't have cared in the least.

Since I'm playing the Gamecube Fire Emblem now, I'm appreciating Ike way more now as well. I'm telling you guys, this is a great way to pass the time. Take it from me I've been doing it for half a year now. Even if you've played all the games that we know are represented in Smash right now, go and check out predictions you've never heard of or cared to check out before. (I never touched or even cared to play Pikmin before this idea either, now I'm actually happy to see all the Pikmin crap we've been getting these last two weeks.)

I know this cuts into my time with my 360, but whatever. Smash is the game I want more than anything, and I want to appreciate every little bit of it, so I'm going to do all I can to play everything represented in that series. What better way to fully appreciate the experience Sakurai is preparing for us? Highly suggest you guys go out and try this out yourselves, trust me its worth it.

Top Bottom