• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games that you played as a kid that you still play to this day?

L@ST_Dinosaur

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9522-1118
What the thread title says ^^^^ Along with that, what are some of your favorite memories as a kid? For me, I remember playing Wind Waker as a kid and coming across the big octo for the first time. I'm not sure why but I dropped my controller and just ran out of the room in fear, I ask all my other friends that played Wind Waker about it and I seemed to be the only one that got that scared.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I give Kirby Super Star a run through every few years. Chrono Trigger is similar, but less frequent.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
All the Super Mario Advance games except for Yoshi's Island. I really wish I had an E-reader...

finalark

SNORLAX
Sonic Adventure 2 is my go-to game whenever I'm feeling down. I know it's aged like crap but it was a big part of my childhood. I've also revisited Spyro 1-3, Mario Sunshine, Sonic 2 and most of the older Final Fantasy games on multiple occasions. On that note, I like to replay FFIX in particular every other year or so.

On the multiplayer front my friends and I still frequently play Kirby Air Ride, Melee and Mario Party 4.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
i have always liked guitar hero... if i have nothing to play or am bored of my other games i will play a guitar hero game :-)
GH3 is the best tho...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Monster Rancher. I've got a nice handful of the games, not all of them, but most, and I play them on a semi-regular basis. 4 is my favorite, personally. It's such a shame that the series has all but died. It's a beautifully complex game with some amazing designs.

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
Tetris Attack and/or Pokemon Puzzle League. Always been one of my favorite games.

Honorable mention to Kirby Super Star.

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
I spent way too much time with Tetris Attack. I can beat the "hidden" Very Hard difficulty in under 20 minutes... But to be fair that's not that bad. Pokemon Puzzle League AI in the harder modes are a different story though.

And thanks :B I decided it represented me well.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
I'd have to go with Mega Man X to X3 and Majora's Mask. I replay through those games at least once a year.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
Any Nintendo 64 game, really. That and the Dragon Ball Z Budokai series on the Playstation 2.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Most of my N64 collection, even if the system itself has aged badly physically and randomly resets itself sometimes for no apparent reason.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Sonic Heroes is a constant go to for me. Along with Sonic 1,2 and 3. Sonic Adventure 2 only to play City Escape. Any Nintendo 64 game. Especially Mario 64. Link's Awakening. The Original Rayman. and of course Ocarina of Time.

These are games that i can play over and over and not get bored lmao.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
Smash 64 and Melee im obviously never going to stop playing. Besides them, definitely the original Spyro Trilogy, Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion are games that I play semi-regularly-ish.

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Originally played it on the SNES and it's one of those games I never ever get tired of.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still have a working copy of Digimon Rumble Arena for the PS1. It's aged about as well as spoiled cheese, but I find it fun to play.

It's also horribly unbalanced, so Reapermon spam is fun.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually never an N64 as a kid. I played this game at a friend's house quite a bit when I was young. For me, the go-to Mario game is Mario Sunshine.
Well, either way, 90% of these forums have extensively played a Mario platformer from their childhood, and at least 70% played a 3D platformer.

Personally, I like Sunshine worlds more than 64, in fact it was the one of the games I got with the Gamecube, the others being Resident Evil and Phantasy Star Online. All of which I have extensively played.
EDIT: Also, run-on sentences.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mario Sunshine is better than Mario 64, to me. Anyways, to answer the thread: Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man 7, Mega Man X, Super Bomberman 3 and Majora's Mask. I replay those games at least once a year. Also, I still play The King of Fighters '97 to this day.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Animal Crossing. That was my go to game when I wanted something to do when I was younger. That music, man. Hearing music from the original Gamecube version of AC just brings back so many memories.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Wind Waker has always been one of my favorite games of all time. I've always like the graphic style and feel of adventure that it has.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man, SSB64, OOT, Mortal Kombat 4, Any old Mario game, Street Fighter and sometimes Star fox 64.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. The Android remaster that has Hidden Palace Zone revitalized my love for it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64. I've played through each game at least once or twice a year since their release. Honorable mention to Pokemon R/B.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Kingdom Hearts, Mega Man Zero 1-3, Golden Sun 1 and 2, and occasionally Super Mario 64.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Melee & Smash 64, Ratchet & Clank, Battlefront, Mario Kart: Double Dash, ATV Offroad Fury 2, Spyro 1&2, F-Zero X & Maximum Velocity, Sonic Adventure 1&2, Sonic Advance 1&3, Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox 64, Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams and Pokemon Gen 1-4 (Past that is starting to get into my teenage years). I've neglected my Animal Crossing for so long that it would take a whole day to pull up all of the weeds, but I made a lot of progress in that game when I was little and revisit it every once in a while.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been continually replaying damn near everything since the beginning. Megaman, Zelda, Mario, and even more recent things like Ace Attorney I still replay, although that's not exactly my childhood... Admittedly I've had people keeping me from "bad" games since I could hold a Gameboy.

Some games never really stuck though.
"Why is it so hard to walk around stuff? Why is there so many buttons? Why does Mario look like a raisin? Why does flying suck? Why do I have to replay levels to get to new ones? Why can't I ride Yoshi?"
...Yeah. I sure did bug everybody alot when they had me try SM64.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I still play Star Fox 64 even to this day; although it's a short game I'm always trying to improve my overall score lol
Got all the medals yet? That's what I'm currently working on. I got about 3/4 of them once and then my memory somehow got messed up...

Top Bottom