• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games room for highschool?

Rampage

vx
I remember in my old school there was a games room where they had a SNES and an N64, and you could donate a console if you wanted. Now, I moved to a new school just recently and There is no such room. How should I go about getting one? Who should I speak with first? and what should I say?

Thanks

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I would try your school's administration. Principal or VP.
Highlight the fact that it could relieve stress or tension.
Make sure that there is a room that you can use. Like we have an SOA room (student organized activities).
I don't see why not either.

Rampage

vx
good thing my principal is so easy going. He never wears a suit and he talks to EVERYBODY lol He like hangs with the janitor sometimes :p

Alright thanks :3

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Good luck! Luckily my school has one, though i'm one year below the age required to actually "use" them =3. Staring and longing it shalst be for now ;).

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Feel lucky, my old school is poor enough already, but they blow their money on the football team. We tied the record here in Texas for the longest losing streak in Texas football history. They can't even afford copy paper or running the air conditioners by the end of the year. The football team would be demoralized if we didn't buy new uniforms every year and build an entire new weight room.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Feel lucky, my old school is poor enough already, but they blow their money on the football team. We tied the record here in Texas for the longest losing streak in Texas football history. They can't even afford copy paper or running the air conditioners by the end of the year. The football team would be demoralized if we didn't buy new uniforms every year and build an entire new weight room.
What part of texas do you live in?

My school has a lot of budget problems, but that's because we have over 4k students (not including Freshman, who have their own building), and our football team is actually good and brings in a bunch of money to the school. We have no game room, and I don't really see why you would need one. When would you use it?

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I live about an hour northeast of Dallas. You MAY have heard of a town called Bonham or Greenville. Both of those places are about 20 minutes from me, but it is the only towns big enough that you might have heard of them.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
We don't have a "game room" exactly, but we have a "Senior Lounge" in the cafeteria. It's a separate room (with windows so teachers in the cafeteria can look in) that seniors can go in during their study hall or lunch hour. There's a TV in there and people bring in an N64 or a Gamecube to (mainly) play Smash on.

Right now it's closed during lunch hours, though. Too many kids would refuse to clean up after themselves and just leave their garbage in the room. This happened last semester too, and it eventually reopened.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You guys have study hall or lunch hours? ****, our lunches are spread over 4 different periods of 30 minutes. Bet you can leave your campus too

Deadtosin: I live in Allen, Texas. I've heard of both of those towns.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Why is this even reasonable? ... I don't get it. What kind of administration would be okay with this and where would this "Games Room" be? What about the liability if (when) these games get stolen/damaged? When would you have time to use it?

Now, I'm not an uptight person. I effed around plenty in high school. But, there's a point where you have to realize school isn't a playground. I can't imagine kids having so much extra time that they can play video games at school. If you're that bored, join some extra-curriculars. I'm sure there's plenty to keep kids busy. When the bell ring at four, go home and play your games.

Rampage

vx
Why is this even reasonable? ... I don't get it. What kind of administration would be okay with this and where would this "Games Room" be? What about the liability if (when) these games get stolen/damaged? When would you have time to use it?

Now, I'm not an uptight person. I effed around plenty in high school. But, there's a point where you have to realize school isn't a playground. I can't imagine kids having so much extra time that they can play video games at school. If you're that bored, join some extra-curriculars. I'm sure there's plenty to keep kids busy. When the bell ring at four, go home and play your games.
IThe games were locked in a file cabinet where you needed to ask the teacher around there to open it for you. When you finish lock it up. as for when? Well I don't know about you but We have this thing called Off-block where if you take 2 classes early morning at 6 and 7 you could have a block or 2 off during the day. During that time I usually try to finish my homework so I don't have to worry about it later but I often find myself without homework to complete since I have so much time on my hands. That's where this idea fits in because I know quite a few people who are in the same position as me.

uhm, i've actually never heard (or had) a school game room, other than lanning on the school comps.

where do you live?
B.C Canada

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
You guys have study hall or lunch hours? ****, our lunches are spread over 4 different periods of 30 minutes. Bet you can leave your campus too

Deadtosin: I live in Allen, Texas. I've heard of both of those towns.
Well, they're technically not "hours" but we call them that (like saying "I've got lunch fourth hour" or "I've got lunch fourth period"). And sadly, no, we are not allowed to leave campus.

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
Hah, feel lucky this is even a possibility for you, it would have never happened at my highschool. We did have off-campus lunch though...

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
If you wanna play games while your at school, wouldn't it be easier to have a portable gaming system?

Top Bottom