• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers Unite: Empire Arcadia

Kreymore

Smash Rookie
This is not a tourney guys. Its more of an event. All of you heard about the news yesterday about the shooting. This is very sad and one of the politician said it was due to violence videogames. Now we know we are mature people.

What: An event for the unforseen accident in Virginia
When: May 5th at 1:00 pm
Where: Bryant Park
1440 Broadway
Manhattan, NY 10001
United States
Why: Show them politicans whats really good and show them the diplomatic way

Empire Arcadia Inc. will gather as many gamers as they can in New York City at Bryant Park on Saturday May 5th, 2007 at 1pm. There we will protest, morn and show how real gamers play videogames peacefully and responsibly. This demonstration is to show that gamers will not take the blame of this tragic matter but we will do what we can to help put an end to terrible events like this. We reiterate and urge that all leaders of gaming communities, organizations down to the last gamer to set aside 10 hours of this day to pay respect and come together not just as gamers but as HUMAN BEINGS for peace. Bring you Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and Playstation Portables. Bring your favorite games to link up and play with your friends. Tetris, Tekken DR, Mario Kart and more.

Read

Other organizations of their respective communities and locations are urged to follow suit to help in unity and show the world what how responsible real gamers are. Stay tuned for local myspace invites in your region and location for similar events.

“It’s ridiculous how our so called leaders who are suppose to be adults handle matters like this. If that is the case, you might as well have today’s children run this country. I’m tired of the complaining and displacing of blame to tragic stuff like this. Since they will do nothing about it then I guess us gamers will have to. If need be we’ll gather the largest force of gamers on the planet to protest against random violence in schools and in the world period. I wonder at times who is worst the psycho’s doing this crazy stuff or the politicians that want to place blame on a videogame. Disgusting! You politicians want to take on gamers we’ll show you how to play this game.”

-Emperor TriForceGameMaster

http://www.empirearcadia.com/community/com-104.htm

Myspace

http://events.myspace.com/index.cfm?...1B86AF72857071

Come out and support guys and gals. Videogames need us.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
I think this is a very good idea. In the media games are always being blamed as the cause for serious incidents and crimes. I will definatly be there and ill try and bring my crew with me to support this cause.

Question: will there be Outlets so we can plug T.V's in and stuff cuz if so i think i can bring a T.v and a system. Others need to pay this thread attention because its important to know what society thinks of what u do.

--Luck

Kreymore

Smash Rookie
I am not sure about the outlets for T.V's since it is outdoors, but I will get information on that as soon as possible.

Top Bottom