• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube controller Smash Bros edition

Robbl

Smash Cadet
I'm considering buying the Smash edition controller but after testing my cousin's black controller, I noticed that when you diagonally press the L or R shoulderpad, they get stuck halfway. I had to press them in a straight line. Does anyone have a similar experience with the Smash edition gc controllers or was it just mismanufactured?

This does not occur with my original gc controllers.

Last edited:

Antunee

Dinkey King
NNID
Andami
Edit for clarity: Both the black and white Smash edition controllers do that. I did not mean ALL controllers. I meant all Smash edition controllers.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I don't really know what you're talking about, but that's certainly not something I've ever experienced. They're fine controllers for me, and I've used mine to play Smash 4, Melee, and PM (and others) without issue.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Oh, I thought it was just me. Glad to know my controller isn't busted. Took a LONG time to notice, but it's easily avoidable.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
Does the white japanese gc controller have the same surface as the black one? I think it feels much better than the standard gc controller.

Last edited:

Donglebrr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dongleberry
3DS FC
0662-2490-8259
They have the same surface. Both feel the same to me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
They are all like that. Both mine (black) and my friend's (white) smash edition controllers do that.
The originals didn't. The old ones have a metal rod in the shoulder buttons that keeps it from making contact with the shoulder button casing. The Sm4sh controller has the same design as the white controller, which has a longer chord and the shoulder adjustment. The Sm4sh controller also has a little more play in it and it causes some people trouble because it might reverse specials.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I am also thinking about getting one of those controllers...

How is there duability? One of my GC controllers has a right thumbstick that is messing up, another a C stick that does not work at all... and others that are getting loose.

Smash is brutal on them... but it seems replacement thumbsticks are hard to find (though everyone and there mother sells caps online) and im scared i might make it explode if i open it up.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I am also thinking about getting one of those controllers...

How is there duability? One of my GC controllers has a right thumbstick that is messing up, another a C stick that does not work at all... and others that are getting loose.

Smash is brutal on them... but it seems replacement thumbsticks are hard to find (though everyone and there mother sells caps online) and im scared i might make it explode if i open it up.
Well, if you try replacing the C-Stick that doesn't work, you don't really have much to lose. I'd say try it. Here is a link to a picture-based guild on how to replace the sticks (you'll need a triwing screwdriver for the screws, and tweezers are optimal for moving things around).

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you try replacing the C-Stick that doesn't work, you don't really have much to lose. I'd say try it. Here is a link to a picture-based guild on how to replace the sticks (you'll need a triwing screwdriver for the screws, and tweezers are optimal for moving things around).

I was thinking about that... thing is that while there are many people selling replacement caps there are very few selling the mechanical mechanism where the problem probably is... the Cstick cap is not worn at all... the mechanism though appears broken.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
Ok, the japanese white smash eidition gc controller arrived yesterday. The L and R shoulderpads slide in smoothly regardless of the angle your press them. Additionally, the surface feels just so much better than the original one. I'm really glad that I imported the white one.

Top Bottom