• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Questions

bballboy4545

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! Thought I'd throw out a questioning to the internet about gamecube controller functions on The Switch.

I just bought a Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter for my Switch in preparation for Smash 5! I have 4 gamecube controllers and everything and I'm so excited for Smasha

My question is will the rumble function of the gamecube controllers work through The Switch?

I tested my adapter and controllers with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and they work great! I was very impressed with how they feel when compared to the pro controller. It feels great to have a gamecube controller back in my hands. But i noticed that there was no rumble.

I was wondering if other adapters have working rumble with The Switch? Or maybe Nintendo will update it so that rumble will work?

OutLikeABandit

Smash Rookie
I've got two guesses for this one, but nothing concrete. Either expect rumble to come back because of the re-release of the Gamecube Controller alongside Smash Ult, or expect a middle finger from Nintendo because you didn't buy the re-release which will probably have rumble.

bballboy4545

Smash Rookie
I've got two guesses for this one, but nothing concrete. Either expect rumble to come back because of the re-release of the Gamecube Controller alongside Smash Ult, or expect a middle finger from Nintendo because you didn't buy the re-release which will probably have rumble.
That's what I was thinking. It would not surprise me if Nintendo doesn't support something like rumble for third party adapters. Especially since they rereleased the WiiU adapter.

TB2

Smash Rookie
What are the chances of the GC controller to have the ScreenShot, Home, and both Z buttons on the back? This would make it 100% compatible with the Switch, since for example on Splatoon ZL is important, and GC does not have the ZL button.

Top Bottom