• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube Controller Purchasing

Kaoak

Smash Cadet
So I want to buy a new GameCube controller pretty soon, and I think I have three options, going out and buying a used GameCube controller, buying a white controller on Amazon, or buying the Smash controller on Amazon.

Currently use a platinum controller that is somewhat worn, and I'm looking for a new more crisp controller, as this controller seems to have some problems, such as having difficulty dashing backwards (I end up turning around). I don't know if that's me or the controller, but this controller is such a crap show that buying a new one is worth it either way. Some people have said that the white controllers and smash controllers are very different from the regular controllers, and I want to see some inputs from people who have used some of these controllers and can make a reasonable comparison.

So what should I go for?

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
White controllers and Smash controllers are identical in every way except that the cord is longer, full presses of the shoulder buttons feel slightly different and the plastic that the case is made of is slightly lower quality.

AirFair

Marth tho
You could always try and get an original gamecube controller, but I have a white one and a platinum that I've used for a long time. I don't really mind the differences, even if the shoulders feel a little different, it's a still a really good controller.

Top Bottom