• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube controller fix?

comrade33dawn

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure which board this belongs to, so I'm posting this in General Brawl.
I have two Gamecube wavebird controllers that I use, but both always lead to the right when I play. What I mean is, every now and then, the cursor or my character or something moves to the right when the controller is left alone. I've tried resetting the controllers and such, but is there any kind of permanent fix? Has anyone else had this problem?

LOLhahaDEAD

Smash Cadet
I have this problem all the time. Unfortunately, one of my GC controllers is stuck like that and I'm not sure how to fix it either other than opening it up.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Do you have a sibling? They could be just screwing with you by taking the second Wavebird, changing the frequency to be the same as yours, and screwing with the controls...

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
My Wavebird started sliding Up/Down and then stopped being able to move Up/Down altogether. I'm afraid your controllers are dying. :\

comrade33dawn

Smash Rookie
I have this problem all the time. Unfortunately, one of my GC controllers is stuck like that and I'm not sure how to fix it either other than opening it up.
I've opened up the controllers before, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong from just looking at them. Anyone have any idea what to do?

Cookiez

Smash Ace
This happened to one of my GC controllers, But I wasn't sure how to fix it so I just ended up buying another one off my amigo.

Hinote

Smash Cadet
I've been cursed with controllers like that. Although it's not a Wavebird, I've had similar problems. If resetting it doesn't work, then I'm sure that it's the control stick itself. For me, it works fine vertically. You could try pulling the control stick out and turn it a little (mine started working again after I blew into it). If not, maybe you should clean it (follow the instructions on Nintendo's website).

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
it's not wavebirds. My first controller's C-stick does that.

Have you checked the part that plugs into the wii for dust, broken pieces, etc.? If the problem's not with the controller, i'd assume it was somewhere in there. (Though i've failed in fixing mine still. If you fix it, lemme know. :) )

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
My Wavebird has been leaning to the right/upwards/left for about two and a half years now. My character will always walk in the direction or do tilts when I'm trying to jab. I wish I could fix it, because I don't want to throw it away (my cousin/friend may want to play).

My wired controller is fine (most of the time), but my c-stick is dead though.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if it's the same issue that I had, but one of my controllers was worn out so bad that I couldn't go "up" all of the way. I fixed it by holding X, Y and Start and then tilting the control stick down slightly and releasing. I kept doing that until it got to where I wanted it. That set the neutral point to be slightly down so when I pressed up I could go up all the way again.

Hope that helps you in some way, though I'm not sure if that even works with Wavebirds.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
C-stick problems too. Every menu is always tilted. Really, REALLY annoying. I've lost a wavebird already, so I guess I'll have to pick up another one...or two.

Unrelated, but my original N64 (the grey one) controller's analog stick doesn't work anymore. Really bums me out. I think I'll get it framed so I can hang it on the wall.

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Don´t touch the sticks or L/R while turning the console on. I can´t help you if it´s an hardware problem though.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I had a problem like that before as well, it was on the GC Controller it happened 2 times even if I reseted it. I fixed it by pulling the control stick backwards. o_O

Top Bottom