• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller and Wii Data Question WiiU

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Now that Nintendo will be coming out with GC controller adapters for the WiiU, do you think this will work with Wii Virtual Console games? Like y'know how you can go to the Wii Menu from your WiiU? Do you think we'll be able to use the Gamecube controller on VC games we may have there? Also on Wii games that support GC controllers.

Because I have been holding back on moving my Wii data to my WiiU because of the WiiU's lack of GC ports and my inability to play N64 games (or even SNES games) without it.

Also, because I have data on my WiiU now, is it possible to move my Wii data (+downloaded games) onto my WiiU while keeping the WiiU data on it now? If I'm not mistaken, you put the data onto an SD to move it onto the WiiU using some transfer channel and it deletes anything else on the WiiU. But, what if I put my current WiiU data on a different SD card THEN did the transfer? Would I then be able to put my original WiiU data back onto my system?

Drakogy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Drakogy
I imagine if the games were compatible on the Wii they would work with the adapter on the Wii U. If not a subsequent patch may be released at a later time to remedy that.

As for the data transfer. The program that does the transfer transcribes the data to be compatible for the Wii U deleting the original data in the process. The is no program that I know of that translates Wii U data into Wii data, meaning that your data is on a on way street to the Wii U.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I imagine if the games were compatible on the Wii they would work with the adapter on the Wii U. If not a subsequent patch may be released at a later time to remedy that.

As for the data transfer. The program that does the transfer transcribes the data to be compatible for the Wii U deleting the original data in the process. The is no program that I know of that translates Wii U data into Wii data, meaning that your data is on a on way street to the Wii U.
I hope it will be because it is easier for me to just play it all on my WiiU because if I want to play on my Wii, I need to switch around inputs and it gets bothersome.

In terms of transferring data, does this mean that it is possible to transfer my Wii data to my WiiU without erasing my WiiU's data?

Drakogy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Drakogy
The program deletes the original Wii data as it moves over to the SD card in the Wii U format. Nintendo did this to prevent duplicating free games since there is no way to limit it to the original account on the Wii.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The program deletes the original Wii data as it moves over to the SD card in the Wii U format. Nintendo did this to prevent duplicating free games since there is no way to limit it to the original account on the Wii.
So that means it won't delete WiiU data at all?

Top Bottom