• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Analog Stick Replacement

smugflunky

Smash Rookie
Im looking to buy a new grey analog stick (preferably something first party), since mine has worn out due to countless hours of grinding tech skill. If anyone knows a website which I can buy a replacement analog stick from, please let me know. Thanks.

Pauer

The Pauerful
There isn't really a place to buy 1st party sticks anymore except for GCS like Ace said but they've only had them in stock like two times in the last couple of years and they were sold out immediately.
The 3rd party ones are ok in terms of grip. They're better than an original one where the texture is gone or where the rubber is coming off. I've been thinking about using plasti-dip on some 3rd party ones to see whether it will improve grip but plasti-dip is expensive to get in europe.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Protip for using 3rd party sticks... put a small balled up piece of paper or foil into the hole in the replacement stick before installing it. Otherwise the stick goes on too far and when you press a direction the rubber will touch the edge of the octagon gate.

3rd party sticks have slightly less grip as the circular ridges on the top of the stick are slightly smaller than those of official Nintendo sticks. They ARE usable for high level competitive melee though, and are extremely cheap so you can just replace it again when it gets worn (buy a few). They also weigh significantly less, which can cure issues of snapback (less inertia).

Last edited:
Top Bottom