• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube controller adapter always picking up "R" button

Chile_LoaF

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cheetoraptor
Hey guys, so last month or so I bought a knockoff GC controller adapter from Amazon. It just arrived (I'm from Chile and ordering stuff takes a lot of time) and when I tried to use it with tr4sh it wouldn't let me grab, but I could still play. But when I tried to play PM and Melee on Dolphin, after downloading the corresponding software of course, I would just sit on my shield. Apparently it's keeping the R button completely pressed, and the rumble functionality is not working either. I have not had the chance to test the adapter with other controllers
The adapter itself has 4 ports, which are pretty stiff and only has the following written on its back:

GC Controller Adapter
GC Controller Adapter for Wii U
MOD: BX-W201

I wanted to know if the problem was because of the device being defective, a problem with the driver I installed, my controller, or it's just me being dumb :B

Here's a link to the adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V082FGI?psc=1&smid=A1RN8XMXU2WEYV

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, so last month or so I bought a knockoff GC controller adapter from Amazon. It just arrived (I'm from Chile and ordering stuff takes a lot of time) and when I tried to use it with tr4sh it wouldn't let me grab, but I could still play. But when I tried to play PM and Melee on Dolphin, after downloading the corresponding software of course, I would just sit on my shield. Apparently it's keeping the R button completely pressed, and the rumble functionality is not working either. I have not had the chance to test the adapter with other controllers
The adapter itself has 4 ports, which are pretty stiff and only has the following written on its back:

GC Controller Adapter
GC Controller Adapter for Wii U
MOD: BX-W201

I wanted to know if the problem was because of the device being defective, a problem with the driver I installed, my controller, or it's just me being dumb :B

Here's a link to the adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V082FGI?psc=1&smid=A1RN8XMXU2WEYV
Looks like it's a problem with the adapter. Some reviews on the product said that they had a problem with the adapter pressing certain buttons or them not being able to press some buttons (In your case, grab). I'd order either a Nintendo adapter or a Mayflash adapter, Mayflash is pretty much the only trusted brand for cheaper Nintendo products. Other than that, I haven't got a clue if you can fix your current adapter. Sorry.

Top Bottom