• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Analog Stick Replacements?

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
I don't attach them back on. I just replace it with a like new one that I scavenge from other controllers.

You can attach them back on (I've seen it done) but I wouldn't recommend it, as the adhesive probably won't hold.

If you would like to buy OEM gamecube sticks in bulk (in great condition) for a cheaper price, I can do that.

I also have them on my site, for individual sale : http://gamecubescrubb.storenvy.com/...cts/1832632-gamecube-analog-stick-first-party

jtm94

Smash Lord
If you want to re-adhere them use some type of RTV silicone based sealant. I've dabbled with them and they hold pretty well, I tried ghetto-rigging my one thumbstick with one of the things you use on the bottom of chairs so they slide and it held for about a week, if you have the actual rubber piece intact that will surely hold MUCH better.

I may need to get some stick replacements, been spending all day fixing old Gcube controllers, and I have tons of PS2 controllers for spare pots, and useless controllers with dead boards for stickboxes.

Does anyone have any idea how I could go about using PS2 or Xbox stickboxes and bypass the 3rd axis button?? I know for sure I could use the stickbox and just not connect the 3rd axis, but I wanna bypass that entirely so it won't click. Is it possible to replace the internal components of a bad stickbox with ones of a working stickbox? I'm down for frankensteining some more.

LASTLY, I have a Nintendo name-brand controller and the c-stick doesn't work right. It has the clip/plug that holds the c-stick wires together and connects them to the motherboard. I tried pushing all of them in and UP and LEFT were the only inputs to work on the stick so I figured pots were bad, replaced pots and now only left and right work, but it is weird.. It like stutters at the character slect screen when you go left and right and if you hold it in either direction it drifts.. I think the wires MAY be the issue.. but could it be wires that lead into the gamecube controller port itself? Or is the issue likely internal? All other features on the controller work perfect.

Are there any current online shops or places where I could acquire some oem or close enough Analog or C-Stick replacements??

Last edited by a moderator:

GCS Gaming Customs

http://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com/collections/283745-repairs-and-kits

LASTLY, I have a Nintendo name-brand controller and the c-stick doesn't work right. It has the clip/plug that holds the c-stick wires together and connects them to the motherboard. I tried pushing all of them in and UP and LEFT were the only inputs to work on the stick so I figured pots were bad, replaced pots and now only left and right work, but it is weird.. It like stutters at the character slect screen when you go left and right and if you hold it in either direction it drifts.. I think the wires MAY be the issue.. but could it be wires that lead into the gamecube controller port itself? Or is the issue likely internal? All other features on the controller work perfect.
BTW, I got a controller with a similar problem. Did you find anything out about this?

jtm94

Smash Lord
I cannot remember if we actually fixed that issue or not. I want to say the issue was the wires connecting to the c-sticks motherboard, but not entirely sure.

My buddy and I are going to a smaller tourney next weekend and are going to set up a table to repair/clean some people's controllers. We've already done a few and figured out how to install LEDs.

ALSO______
That site has colored joysticks that seem to be colored PS3 sticks. Do those work with Gamecube Controllers? Are they modded or do stock PS3 sticks work?

Last edited:

jimbo1qaz

Smash Rookie
I have a Gamecube controller with a ruined main stickbox.
Are X360 stickboxes compatible with Gamecube controllers?

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
Do the standard knock-off GCC's (the ones without 'Nintendo GameCube' in the middle) have decent analog sticks? It seems illogically expensive to buy one of those pieces of crap for the stick, especially considering I need two, but if it's close to OEM quality, I'll do it. Also, do they have replacement buttons as well? The Z button in one of controllers broke and I can't use that controller now.

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

No, the buttons and sticks are crap in those controllers..

I see you live in huntersville.. Im Justin Babich, AKA GCS, from Mooresville, Ive been around charlotte a bit.. I can hook you up with buttons and stuff, I got tons

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
That'd be great! Controller issues have been a recurring problem for me so far since I've started playing Melee (but no johns), and getting them resolved early on will be a huge relief. The convenient location is a bonus, too! So, how exactly should we connect? Is there a physical location for your store, or is it all online?

Last edited:

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
oogway oogway made an update in a different thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/tec...ers-tvs-recording.335040/page-7#post-21890368

Look, if anyone here wants to buy regular OEM (I promise, lol) sticks, here is your answer : http://gamecubescrubb.storenvy.com/products/1832632-original-gamecube-analog-stick-replacement-part
Solved.
Were you scavenging sticks from new/lightly used first party controllers, or did you find a supplier of some sort? If it's the latter, I think we'd all be interested seeing as your store looks like it's been closed/inactive for some time. Though if you're planning on re-opening sometime in the future, I understand.

Your profile said you're still around lurking, so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask

oogway

Smash Rookie
NNID
strife622
Were you scavenging sticks from new/lightly used first party controllers, or did you find a supplier of some sort? If it's the latter, I think we'd all be interested seeing as your store looks like it's been closed/inactive for some time. Though if you're planning on re-opening sometime in the future, I understand.

Your profile said you're still around lurking, so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask
I reached out to his Facebook page and got a reply from him stating he no longer runs the shop. That's what sent me on my mission to find my own!! haha

How are those replacement stickboxes holding up so far?
They're holding up great, i've replaced about 5 different controllers with mine and they work fine so far.

Top Bottom