• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube adaptors

Frandango

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frandango
3DS FC
3239-3964-7570
Are there any good adaptors other than the official Nintendo one?

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I have a Mayflash and it works great. You can order one from play-asia.com, but it'll take awhile to ship to the States and it won't be cheap. When you consider shipping, it may be less expensive to order off of Amazon or eBay.

EDIT: by "it won't be cheap", I mean the shipping.

Last edited:

Th3fragile

Smash Rookie
Mayflash one is 26.99 on amazon and another 3rd party is 30.00

From what I hear they both work fine.

YGK

Smash Cadet
Mayflash also makes an adapter that connects a single gamecube controller to a wiimote, I do not recommend it. I purchased one a few weeks ago, and when it was working it was OK, but the port for plugging in the GC cord was very loose and my wavebird receiver would have to be re-positioned every 20 minutes or so, and after a couple weeks of moderate use, the adapter stopped working entirely.

I was able to get a full refund off amazon, so I bought a different adapter. I decided not to get the 4 port Mayflash adapter since I didn't really trust their build quality, so I got the KELUX one ($30 on amazon vs the $27 for the Mayflash one). So far it is working great, the ports are almost too tight, so getting the cord plugged in all the way can take a little bit of force, but it should loosen up over time.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
The Mayflash one, from what I've heard, is pretty good.

It'll probably still cost you a pretty penny.

Frandango

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frandango
3DS FC
3239-3964-7570
Has anyone else had problems with the mayflash adaptor other than YGK?

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Has anyone else had problems with the mayflash adaptor other than YGK?
It looks like he was talking about the Wiimote adapter, not the USB adapter. The Wiimote adapter basically tricks the Wii/Wii U into treating a GC controller like a Classic Controller. The one most people use is 4-port and plugs into the USB slots of your Wii U. It's cheaper per port than the GC-Wiimote adapter and has less (nearly 0, same as an official by all accounts) input lag. Compare to the wireless Classic Controller, which has noticeable input lag. Including shipping, it'll run you between $30-$40. Amazon reviews indicate problems with the Wiimote version of the adapter are fairly widespread. I have yet to have any problems with my USB adapter that couldn't be solved by flipping the PC/Wii U switch a few times and/or unplugging and plugging it back in.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Mayflash also makes an adapter that connects a single gamecube controller to a wiimote, I do not recommend it. I purchased one a few weeks ago, and when it was working it was OK, but the port for plugging in the GC cord was very loose and my wavebird receiver would have to be re-positioned every 20 minutes or so, and after a couple weeks of moderate use, the adapter stopped working entirely.

I was able to get a full refund off amazon, so I bought a different adapter. I decided not to get the 4 port Mayflash adapter since I didn't really trust their build quality, so I got the KELUX one ($30 on amazon vs the $27 for the Mayflash one). So far it is working great, the ports are almost too tight, so getting the cord plugged in all the way can take a little bit of force, but it should loosen up over time.
This happens because that one can't read Wavebird properly. It also does not connect well to Wiimote Pluses due to some weird lock Nintendo put into them that prevents certain stuff (such as connecting it to bluetooth devices).

Fortunately, the new adapter they made is actually very good. No issues at all.

Top Bottom