• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Adapter Experience

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
So I got a chance to play with the Gamecube Adapter finally, the essential tool for all serious Smash players. I don't know why. I guess it's good to stick with a controller you're familiar with. Although I do have to say the Gamecube controller is overrated compared to the Switch Pro Controller (which is much more comfortable).

And... I can't say installments prior to Wii U suffer for not having 5-8 players. More than 4 feels like being a pinball in a tumble dryer. It's an explosion of colors that's hard to keep track of or get your bearings in.

It was on someone else's Switch though. Someone else had the adapter and all the characters (including Piranha Plant!!!) I would never buy one or download PP. There was wires sprawled across the table. And there have also been Playstation multi-taps that weren't designed to have them all converge into one small space so the players could spread out more.

And there's only FOUR ports? So if you want eight players, that requires having two of them. I would not recommend this if you aren't a Smash fan. I wouldn't recommend this if you are one! Play with the Pro Controller, which is better at differentiating if you want to walk or run or if you want to do a regular attack or a charged attack.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Do you try to start a discussion or just to write a blog? ;)
I guess by now it's a master of habit. I agree that the pro controller is also solid, but if you're used to the GC controller, why not?

CrownAxe

Smash Cadet
GCN controllers have slightly better input lag then pro controllers which is very important from a competitive stand point.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
People have had like 18 years to get comfortable with the GC controller. I personally find the button placement on Pro to be tricky to work with(even tho I played 3ds for 5 whole years). Pro also has one glaring issue, it lacks any sort of corners for the stick to rest in which can make differentiating a high/low angle from a regular diagonal very tricky.

Top Bottom