• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameClucks 3 results

Eoraptor

Smash Apprentice
Results for the last GameClucks tournament are up at their website-
http://www.gameclucks.com/Pastevents/ssb-052403.html

I was not very pleased with this tournie, despite winning third place with EvilEvincar (I'm the tall one in the pic- look at that forced smile). Here's why-

1. The first round was best of one, with a coin toss deciding who picked the stage. This is REALLY advantageous to the random winner of the toss, which in my case was us. We faced 1psemet's team first, who demanded we not choose our preferred stage of Mute City. So we agreed on a random stage, and what pops up? Yoshi's Island, perhaps the best Pikachu stage in the game. They were understandably pissed.

2. Notice how the brackets are formed? So that teams had to lose to the same team that first beat them again in the losers bracket?
We got put in the losers bracket by BalefireBoy's team, then got eliminated by BalefireBoy's team.
1psemet's team got put into the losers bracket by us, then was eliminated by us.
BalefireBoy's team got put into the losers bracket by Crew's team, then was eliminated by Crew's team.
Surely there is a better way to make the brackets. ****, we didn't even get to face Crew's team.

3. We didn't get to face any crappy teams. First 1psemet's team, then BalefireBoy's, then Stition's, then 1psemet's again, then BalefireBoy's again. 1psemet's team got three easy teams, Crew's and Stition's both got two, BalefireBoy's got one...

Anyway, I was impressed by FalcoMasta. Quite a unique Falco he has. Killed EvilEvincar twice with a firefox equivalent.

And congratulations to Crew's team. I had no chance to judge your skill, it would have been interesting to play you.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
Proof that elimination sucks. Actually they need to improve their bracketing system.
What would be best is to steal the Halo TV's , put two Cubes there (we could bring them if need be), and run a swiss.
For those who don't know, swiss is where all players play X rounds, playing each round with an opponent with the same record.

Spar

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is Crew's partner. I used to have an account under the name of Onion Knight, but I hated that name. I'm Spar now.
Man... Why am I always reffered to as "Crew's bro" or "Crew's team." That sucks... =P

Crew

Smash Apprentice
I see what ya' mean about the tournament's format. Ya' got it bad, dude. But ya' made it far.

Feathers and Fabric (BalefireBoy and FalcoMasta -- FalcoMasta I believe is now known as Jem on these boards?), we had some intense matches. My brother and I call ourselves "The Comeback Kids", rather than Top Gun. I think we came from behind in 3 out of the 4 we won. Including the final match of the finals.

Team 10 (Yagi and Nadithan -- yet to show on the boards) - Loved those matches too. Yagi, I was pleasantly surprised at your skills. I wasn't aware how toned of a fighter you are, even though I had fought you in Gameclucks 1. Wavedashing, all that. Nice one.

Cruelty - I made sure I watched your team fighting Feathers and Fabric. Did my best to analyze ya' guys. Looked good. Although we haven't met in the battlefield yet, I have a good feeling we'll meet very soon.

1psemet, I had promised ya' I'd fight you in 1v1 after the tournament, but... I think I explained it to you. I don't blink during gameplay, so I wear out really fast. I couldn't go on. And I just wanted to get going. We're both hitting .500 against eachother, 3 for me and 3 for you (I believe). I have a feeling we'll also meet up in battle soon. Tip the scales in someone else's favor.

See you all soon. I'll be practicing, I'm not gonna underestimate any one.

Jem

Smash Journeyman
Yea

Yea, thx. everyone did pretty good there, we almost had TopGun in the last match of the first set (they hadnt lost yet) but, before that, they used their "Trick" On BFB. That Sucked. o, and Im FalcoMasta, But This Is My New name

Lata

Crew

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to talk to Captain Gameclucks about the way his brackets are. I doubt he'd change, but hey.. put the idea through. Worth a shot, yeah? I'd like to see some change.

Edit - BalefireBoy looks so depressed standing there in the Gameclucks picture. Nice set of antennae, too. Haha... ha.. hahaha.. ha.. ouch.. haha.. I wish I didn't have that cocky smile that makes me look like a ****....

Eoraptor

Smash Apprentice
Spar- If I would have used your name in the post, I would have called you Onion Knight, since I didn't know you changed it. And as you hate that name, it was obviously the best decision to leave you nameless.
Yeah.... that's why I did it.... ;)

And I just realized the impoliteness of calling teams "crappy" or "easy". Heh heh... sorry. Especially as I didn't face any of those teams. Maybe I should have said "unknown teams", but I do recall 1psemet's team slaughtering the three they played. Poor Yagi stuck on a random team...

Jem- Why the name change? Is it in reference to the terrible 80's cartoon about the female rockstar superhero?

Yagi

Smash Ace
Heh, my random team did alright against the weaker teams, one round I had all 10 ko's :) ... but the good teams killed us. I still had fun, even though my partner kept taking my lifes j/k ;). But Gameclucks really needs to take the coinflip out of the tournament and just have the stage be random....

Crew

Smash Apprentice
I didn't think the coinflip even mattered. I mean, who cares? Both teams chose a stage -- Besides in Round 1, which they changed thank God.

No one had the advantage by it. The 3rd game was chosen at random. So, whatever.

Jem

Smash Journeyman
i dunno

i Dunno, iT May Have Mattered, It May Have Not. I didnt Really Mind The Coin Toss, It Just means if i lost the coin toss, id have 2 adapt to different Stages.:rolleyes:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Good tournaments always send the loser from winners to the opposite side of the bracket, thus preventing them from being eliminated by the same team until much, much farther into the tournament.

Top Bottom