• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameBreakers presents: LSMB 2 - Davie, FL - August 30th, 2008

Ruuku

Smash Lord
On Saturday August 30th 2008, GameBreakers and Team DAMD will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament. This is Last Saturday Monthly Brawl 2 and it will take place the last Saturday of every month.

3700 SW Davie Road
Davie, Fl. 33314

For directions:
-GameBreakers
(786) 303-4232
thegamebreaker@hotmail.com
Or simply look it up on mapquest/google

Additional information:
-Ruuku or Luc
(786) 269-7897
AIM: haitianhomey1012

Schedule:
-signups begin at 2pm and end 5 min. before each tournament begins
-doubles tournament will start at 3pm
-singles tournament will start as soon as doubles are over (no later than 5:45pm)

Door fee:
- contestant will have to pay a $10 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if entering both singles and doubles

Or

- contestant will have to pay a $7 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if only entering doubles or singles

Or

- contestants will have to pay a $5 door fee (all of it going to GameBreakers) if bringing a tube TV and a Wii (all of it going to GameBreakers)

Tournament fee:
- $10 fee per attendee for singles (all of it going into the pot)
- $20 fee per team for doubles (all of it going into the pot)

Prizes:
1st=70% of pot
2nd=20% of pot
3nd=10% of pot

General rules:
- When it's your turn to play, you will be called ~3 times. If you are not present in this time or we do not hear from you as to where you are or what you're doing, we will attempt to run another match before yours. However, you risk being disqualified if there are no other matches in that round to be played.

- This is a “bring your own controller” (BYOC) tournament. We have no obligation to loan controllers, so come prepared. We're not responsible for you not having anything to play on. However, we do have rental controllers available to use for the price of $2.

Tournament rules, settings, and duration:
- Double elimination
- 7 minutes and 3 stocks
- Items turned off
- Team attack on
- Ties broken by %
- Sets of 2/3 matches
- Sets of 3/5 matches for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals
- First stage agreed upon or random
- Loser chooses stage-> winner picks character-> loser picks character
- Each player is allowed to ban a legal stage at the beginning of any set once characters have been selected

Neutral stages - Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Counterpick stages - Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), Brinstar, Luigi’s Mansion, Pirate Ship, Norfair

- Any infinite chain throw can only be done until 150% further use will be considered stalling
- Please refrain from using excessive stalling tactics (those cannot be stopped without losing a stock or forfeiting the match). After one warning, further use will result the automatic loss of the match

I will consider your opinions on all rules and legal stages so please read them carefully and let me know what you think.

Miscellaneous information:
- the entrance fee allows you to play at GameBreakers after the tournament.
- GameBreakers has Wii’s, PS3’s, Xbox 360’s, and computers to play on
- GameBreakers also has beverages and snacks for sale.

TVs:
1. Ruuku
2. Jin
3. Jin
4. Superman

Wiis:
1. GameBreakers
2. GameBreakers
3. GameBreakers
4. ESAM
5. Superman
6. Keishaw

Please let me know if you will attend the event, even if uncertain. I need to keep track of the number of potential attendees.

Attendance:
1. Ruuku
2. Jin
3. Smilez
4. 8-Bit
5. HRNUT
6. GDX
7. Disastorm
8. Gmoney
9. DFEAR
10. gringo66
11. Tommy G
12. Galeon
13. Gingerr
14. Afro Thundah
15. Adam_
16. chckn
17. Davie locals (usually 10-15)
18. Nicholas.Riddle
19. ESAM
20. c.Doc
21. Chaz
22. Bonesaw
23. Seibrik
24. Chops
25. underscore
26. Keishaw
27. Alex

Edit: Don't forget to let me know if you can bring anything. What I need is TVs+Wii setip (game with all characters and stages). If you only have a Wii setup, you can pair up with someone that you know can bring a TV. $5 entrance will be waived for the entire setup, meaning that each person will pay $7.50 instead of $10. Bring whatever you can.

Top Bottom