• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game softlocks after selecting a stage using a custom fighter in PM+EX

GlitchPichu

Smash Rookie
I have been trying to add more characters to PM+EX, but after successfully adding only one character (Marisa), I keep running into this same issue when trying to add more. The specific characters I was trying to add are Waluigi and a Raichu clone for Pikachu. I can get them to appear on the roster, with their icons and CSPs working fine, select them as fighters, select ready to fight, but after selecting a stage the game will softlock without ever entering the stage (I can still access the Wii home menu, hence not a freeze). Additionally, Raichu could actually be selected and used, but only in training mode, whereas Waluigi fails in both modes. I don't know what I've done wrong, as Marisa works perfectly fine.
I used this guide (and its part 2) to help add the 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOeMMUft44o
I gave Waluigi, Raichu, and Marisa IDs 121, 122 and 123 respectively, with Hex IDs 79, 7A, and 7B.
I added all of their CSPs, RSPs, BPs, Stock pics and CSS icons/names to each respective folder, including Classic Mode select screen (Yes, I converted the pics to CMPR and changed the compression for CSPs to ExtendedLZ77).
I did all the TexPat file additions for each of them.
I used the templates found in EXModules for their respective .rel files (Waluigi had his own one so I used it, Pikachu for Raichu, and Lucas for Marisa), and used Module Editor to enter Memory Viewer on each and added their respective hex codes, and renamed the files.
After that, I used the files in Config Templates to add into BrawlEx (Waluigi had his own, same as before for the others)
- In CosmeticXX, I changed their announcer calls to 00 09, added their own hex codes and changed Marisa's franchise to the Smash logo (13).
- In CSSSlotXX, I left Waluigi alone, and changed Raichu and Marisa's costume count to four, with respective colours.
- In FighterXX, I left Waluigi alone, opened Raichu and Marisa with BrawlExConfigUtility, changed their names, and turned off unnecessary costume slots.
- In SlotXX, I changed their announcer calls to 1F D3 (congratulations) and left Fanfares alone.
After renaming each file and placing them in the respective folders, I opened CSSRoster in BrawlExConfigUtility and placed Waluigi after Wario, Raichu after Pikachu and Marisa after Sonic (I placed via the hex codes on the left, not naming on the right).
Then I added their files into the fighter folder, renamed them respectively and added Fit_____Dark/Fake/Spy.pac files when needed.
After this, I entered the game to test the fighters and as I said already, Marisa was fine, Raichu only works in Training Mode but locks Versus Mode, and Waluigi softlocks both modes. I can't figure out what I've done wrong for the two, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using a NTSC brawl .iso on a PAL Wii, with USB Loader GX, with Ocarina on and set on AXNextFrame.

GlitchPichu

Smash Rookie
I tried to add Raichu again and only did the steps that were in part 1 of that video, and the game still softlocked. If someone could tell me the issue with those steps it would be greatly appreciated!

GlitchPichu

Smash Rookie
I was able to add Raichu after a few attempts, but Waluigi is still broken no matter what I do. Plz, I need help...

Last edited:

acetrainerkyle64

Smash Rookie
If you ever managed to fix this I would love to hear what you did and the steps you took. I'm having the same issue.

GlitchPichu

Smash Rookie
If you ever managed to fix this I would love to hear what you did and the steps you took. I'm having the same issue.
Raichu had a minor issue with his FitRaichu.pac, but I never figured out how to fix Waluigi, so I just ported everything to a build that already had a working Waluigi.

Top Bottom