• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game related music thread!

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Why, hello there smashboards! I thought I would create a thread for sharing musical taste. However, this thread has a twist. You have to share music that is related to video games. I'll start.

He Poos Clouds by Final Fantasy

From wikipedia:

He Poos Clouds is the second album by Canadian indie rock artist Final Fantasy, released in May of 2006.

The album was released on Blocks in Canada and Tomlab internationally.

The songs on the album (excepting the fifth and tenth tracks) are loosely connected to the eight schools of magic in the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, and the title track's lyrics ostensibly refer to Nintendo video game series The Legend of Zelda, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia. Pallett has also said that the album is a reflection on how atheists confront death.

The track "This Lamb Sells Condos" refers to Toronto real estate developer Brad J. Lamb, who had previously used the song's title phrase as an advertising slogan. In the song, Pallett imagines an argument between the eponymous developer and his wife which alludes heavily to various fashion designers.

It's really a fantastic listen and I suggest any and all to hear it. Final Fantasy is a violinist, he does violin work with Arcade Fire. This album is fantastic; anybody who appreciates game archetypes and epic violin pieces will love this one. He has a unique style of music, really, check it out! Now!

Your turn, SmashBoards.

YellowPikmin

Smash Journeyman
You can get sheet music to just about any nintendo video game song from www.ninsheetmusic.net

Bands? There's something called PowerGlove...the only album that I've heard of is Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man or something like that.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru. Actually, I like a lot of her songs; not just the 4 from KH. I'm really hoping that she continues to make music for subsequent KH titles.

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
I have an interesting musical twist on SSBM... but seeing as it is long, and seeing as I feel unusually lazy today, I will not take the time to introduce here, nor do I feel like explaining what it's about. But you can check it out under the thread entitled: "Getting tired of hearing the same music in melee over and over?", which is located under "Melee Discussion". Take a look, and tell me what you think.

McDandelion

Smash Rookie
At the moment I'm listening to the End Credits (Part 2) of the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Soundtrack.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for LoZ songs.

Top Bottom