• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Game On" - SSBM 2v2 Grand Slam Tourny " Grand Prize $1000.00"

lordbb

Smash Cadet
1st Annual Super Smash Brothers Melee’ 2V2 Grand Slam Tournament

Where:
GAME ON
1630 General Booth Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
moinfo@gameonvb.com
757-721-4263

Why:
Because we can

Entry Fee:
$30.00 per Team / $40.00 day of event

Prizes:
1st Place - $1000.00 CASH
2nd Place - (2) Wii’s (Worth $500.00)
3rd Place - Pat on the Back

Qualifying Rounds:
April 22, 2007
April 29, 2007
May 13, 2007
May 27, 2007
June 2, 2007

Finals:
June 3, 2007

Qualifying:
There will be 4 Qualifying Rounds, top 4 teams in each qualifying rounds advance to June finals. There will be a total of 20 teams in the finals. If you don’t qualify on the first date you are still eligible to enter on the remaining dates. First place in the qualifying round means crap. All you are trying to do it get in the top 4 teams and come back on June 3rd.

Breaks and Lunch:
There will be no breaks for this tournament since the expected turnout for each qualifying round will be overwhelming. We will supply Dominos Pizza and drinks at a very reasonable price so you don’t have to leave the tourney.

Special Note:
We are expecting a large turn out so you must register for this tourney before the tourney date. Fees the day of the tournament are $40.00 per team. We will not accept registrations in advance for qualifying rounds other then the upcoming round.

Information:
For more information call 757-721-GAME or goto www.gameonvb.com

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
if any true smashers want to make a long hike out here for the tourny, I'll try and clear it with my roommates so I can house 2-5 people the night before or after the qualifying rounds. School will be out for the year, this could be really tight.

we'll see what will happen as the date draws in.

lordbb

Smash Cadet
Linko, make sure everyone knows about the date change from April 15 changed to April 22. Again Im working on the FFA for ya..

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
any general rule set you wanna post or are we gonna be counter picking flatzone?
also, the usual tournament the size you plan to make this usually has about 10-15 stations with tvs's roughly 20-27" in size. what kind of equipment are we going to be using here?

oh yeah, linksmastersword, is NOT link-o-mac.
LAWZ!

lordbb

Smash Cadet
Yo Yo O-ON!

Hey looks like we will be posting the FFA real soon and also looks like we have a major national sponsor assisting us. With the sponsor in place we will have to abide by paring up our equipment but all depends on the outcome. Our expectations for the 2v2 are small but if you thing im being modest give me a clue. I know you have been pushing for the TV's and dude im on your side but I get alot of push-back from the partners. I will tell you this! I bring it up every meeting and i think with this tourny coming up they will be convinced the we have no choice but to bring the 27" in.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, also if you take away the venue fee for those who bring both a cube and TV, then it will help out. I suggest you invest in a few fold out tables that are capable of holding 2-3 tvs, and plenty of fold out chairs,

if you want to post this in the tourney section, all you have to do is copy the first post. click on the thread TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION (caps are not meant to be rude btw, only to clarify) then at the top just click NEW POST

then paste and you've done.

BRILLIANT!

you may want to post this in every regional thread, I could see the midwest wanting to come out for this. and definately atlantic south, get some florida peeps

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
if you bring in the regular 20" in, then i'll probably come.

i'll be ****ed if i waste money playing on some gigantic laggy *** tv for a tourney.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
wow, terribly idea @ chozen. how about we DONT call the good people to come to this so g-reg and kirbstir can win

G4CE

Smash Rookie
D:

Everything has to be in VA Beach!! Something needs to be held near freaking Ashburn at the Cyberhub, that was some fun stuff there. Playing Aero and Chu (who obliterated me). C'mon, I need to feel more obliteration. :)

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Everything has to be in VA Beach!! Something needs to be held near freaking Ashburn at the Cyberhub, that was some fun stuff there. Playing Aero and Chu (who obliterated me). C'mon, I need to feel more obliteration. :)
lol SoVa as a whole is growing.. we're not as bad as people think though.. :/

hopefully as bigger tournies are being held around here, more people out of the area will show.

and depending on which of these people go to, i can house a decent amount of smashers. :)

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
hey can i holler at that hosing as well!?

anywayz...i think im forcing doll to team with me....LOL XD

CHZ1!!! WE ARE TEAMING AT UMBC RIGHT!?

Top Bottom