• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Game not starting on my 3ds

venb0y

Smash Rookie
Hey there,
I really hope someone can help me with this cause as I'm literally trying for hours now to get Super Smash Bros. to work on my 3ds xl. I bought a retail version of the game, after inserting the card and updating my ds, as well as the game, to the newest version I tried to start the game. However, after I press the "Open"-Button the screen shows the Nintendo logo, turns black immediately afterwards and after a few seconds I get an error saying: "An error has occured, forcing the software to close. The system will restart."
I already saw that someone else got this error as well, however they got to actually play the game, which is not the case for me, as it always crashes when I try to start it. I literally tried it like 50 times now, been re-downloading the update several times, even resetted my whole system + formated the SD card + tried another SD card. But the error remains and I can't get to play the game at all.

If anyone here has an idea what I could do, I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried it with other games? If that so maybe it's your console, maybe dust? You have a garantee at the store where you buy it? Maybe your battery is low? Sorry If I can't give you a solid anwser good luck man!!

venb0y

Smash Rookie
Yes I tried it with other games. Pokemon Y and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds are working without complications, so no clue what this error thing might be about. :/
I may have to send my 3ds in to check for problems, dunno.
Still thanks dude!

Top Bottom