• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Game!" Message Question

Ameba

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to change the "Game!" message from the NTSC-U version to the "Game Set!" message from the japanese version? Do I have to change only one file from the ISO, or is it harder than that? Thanks in advance!

Ameba

Smash Cadet
I know how to change the voices, but I wanted to change the message itself. It just feels weird to hear the announcer say "Game Set!" when the message says just "Game!". =P Thanks anyway!

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
I think I got a solution for you. And yes, it only involves changing one file, specifically just one of the brres files withing the pac.
Get the Japanese version of Brawl's info_XX.pac file(Located in the Info2 folder. I don't know which two letters appear at the end of the japanese files, but the english one is info_en. I assume the Japanese one is Info_jp.), extract the MiscData(40) from it, and place it into the English info_en pac over the MiscData(40). That brres contains the GAME message in the English pac, so the Japanese one should instead contain the GAME SET message.
Simply place the resulting PAC file into the Riivolution folder you have info2 files in(naming it info_en.pac), and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom