• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

game keeps freezing T_T

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
so im dealing with the texture changes for brawl. but alot of times the game freezes after 2 or 3 fights, i do wait a couple seconds before choosing the char,and at the win result screen but still freezes .

using gecko to load from the actual game disk.
the only textures ive changed are for some characters (not PSA since i have no idea how to do this) and stages. nothing more

using the following AR codes

File Replacement: v2.1a: [Phantom Wings
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2 [spunit262]
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [18 lines]
CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2 [spunit262]
regular Zelda Icon (CSS) [spunit262]

so what can i do to fix this issue??

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
so im dealing with the texture changes for brawl. but alot of times the game freezes after 2 or 3 fights, i do wait a couple seconds before choosing the char,and at the win result screen but still freezes .

using gecko to load from the actual game disk.
the only textures ive changed are for some characters (not PSA since i have no idea how to do this) and stages. nothing more

using the following AR codes

File Replacement: v2.1a: [Phantom Wings
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2 [spunit262]
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [18 lines]

so what can i do to fix this issue??
Hmm... firstly, try file replacement 3.5.1, as its much better than 2.1a.

secondly, if you have warioman on your css, you need warioman fix, a code not many people have but ill post it if you need it.

third, to put psa characters on, get the name of the character the psa hack is for (i.e, Phoenix Mario belongs to Mario) and rename the psa hack accordingly. so since phoenix mario is for Mario, rename it to "FitMario.pac" (NO NUMBERS AFTER THE CHARACTER NAME, DOING SO WILL RESULT IN FAILING TO LOAD THE FILE) and put them in that character's folder.

stages go in pf/stage/melee (even if its not a melee stage) and you must rename the file to a stage name, theres a list of em on the thread,

so try that, and hope it helped ya ;D

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
Hmm... firstly, try file replacement 3.5.1, as its much better than 2.1a.

secondly, if you have warioman on your css, you need warioman fix, a code not many people have but ill post it if you need it.

third, to put psa characters on, get the name of the character the psa hack is for (i.e, Phoenix Mario belongs to Mario) and rename the psa hack accordingly. so since phoenix mario is for Mario, rename it to "FitMario.pac" (NO NUMBERS AFTER THE CHARACTER NAME, DOING SO WILL RESULT IN FAILING TO LOAD THE FILE) and put them in that character's folder.

stages go in pf/stage/melee (even if its not a melee stage) and you must rename the file to a stage name, theres a list of em on the thread,

so try that, and hope it helped ya ;D
! where can i find the file replacement 3.5.1?? all i found was 2.1a. and the only ones new on my roster are the individual pokemons from the pkmn trainer. ZSS and shiek are the extra add ons it got,. no one else.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I believe it's in the new plussery code set.

BTW, ask questions like this in the Code QnA or the texture threads that are stickied

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Get the text file of the latest codeset, 5.0 RC1. Take the latest file replacement code 3.5.1, and put it in your gct.

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
codeset, 5.0 RC1?? i havnt even heard of that. i wonder if its in the stickys?? gona check.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
! where can i find the file replacement 3.5.1?? all i found was 2.1a. and the only ones new on my roster are the individual pokemons from the pkmn trainer. ZSS and shiek are the extra add ons it got,. no one else.
3.5.1 is in a stickied topic here in smash workshop, youll see it, its on the title of the topic. wait... your not PAL are you? i think its just ntsc... sorry :/ um... oh and if you have zss/sheik/indy pkmn, then you need the css fixes for em, as well as Indy Pkmn Engine. You got em'?

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
3.5.1 is in a stickied topic here in smash workshop, youll see it, its on the title of the topic. wait... your not PAL are you? i think its just ntsc... sorry :/ um... oh and if you have zss/sheik/indy pkmn, then you need the css fixes for em, as well as Indy Pkmn Engine. You got em'?

i didnt have the indy pokemon fix before. now i do. i found cheats for them. including the new 3.5. yes im US wii so should my game stop freezing like crazy? . but i STILL am totally lost about the portraits for the texture chars when choosing them at the char select screen -_-

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
i didnt have the indy pokemon fix before. now i do. i found cheats for them. including the new 3.5. yes im US wii so should my game stop freezing like crazy? . but i STILL am totally lost about the portraits for the texture chars when choosing them at the char select screen -_-
Yes, if you have the 3.5.1 RC then it should stop freezing.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
actually the code is NTSC and Japan. But not PAL. D:
o rly? my buddy'll be dissapointed :( hopefully it will be ported...

yes it should stop freezing like that lol. CSP's? do what Symphonic said first, and if you cant get it to work, Im trying to use smash box for it as we speak. I could never get CPS's to work with cupash, it kept saying it needed a palette...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
yes it should stop freezing like that lol. CSP's? do what Symphonic said first, and if you cant get it to work, Im trying to use smash box for it as we speak. I could never get CPS's to work with cupash, it kept saying it needed a palette...
How are you doing them? They are actually pretty easy.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
How are you doing them? They are actually pretty easy.
well, i was (and still is) using paint.net to edit them. Right now Im using smashbox though, and everything seems to be going fine. im just rick click-replace, select the csp i edited, ok, bam. its taking a while but still ^_^

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
well the game still freezes not like it use to but its still doing it -_-

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
well the game still freezes not like it use to but its still doing it -_-
did the freezing position change? like doesa it freeze as soon as you boot it through gecko os? might be too many codes. if not, then maybe youre using a bad CSP pack or something like that? Im really not sure...

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
its always freezing at the win result screen. sometimes it froze right before id go into the brawl menu.
the AR codes i have now are

File Patch Code v3.5.1:
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2.1
Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] [17 lines]
Independent Pokemon Engine
Unrestricted Pause camera

am i missing any needed codes??
i saw this one Custom Random V1 [spunit262] (10 Lines) do i need this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
don't press anything at the result screen. This would include holding a button to get a certain pose.

and yes, you need that one, but that's not your problem right now.

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
so this goes for all players?? also hows that gona effect gameplay for wifi then??
and so should i add that Custom Random V1 [spunit262] (10 Lines) do i need this
and is that the only other code i NEED or is it all?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yes, you cannot spam any buttons on the win screen. Learn to not be so ADD (lol jk it was a joke get it? :D)

and I would just try with those codes.

EDIT: You might need this:

Char ID fix 2.1 [spunit262, The Paprika Killer]
C28152E4 00000006
819E003C 907EFFFC
80E30030 2C07000F
40A2001C 80FE0008
3C008180 7C070000
4080000C 39030008
9107FFFC 00000000

SOME OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT:

P.Trainer Infinite Stamina [Phantom Wings/spunit262]
04A8BDAC 60000000

Infinite Replays
040EB804 60000000

Unrestricted Replay Camera (6 lines)
0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890

AibanSama

Smash Rookie
thank you. i will try that. and i will post my results tomorow because right now im gona go haunt more char textures xD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yup what Symphonic said should work. and at the winning screen it freezes..? well, like as Symphonic said (once again lawl) that you shouldnt spam buttons there. my game freezes alot because of Partial Size Modification codes. you don't have those on do you?

EDIT: nvm i saw your post, ok its not that... well ya then just post your results later lol.

Top Bottom