• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game is ripping me off online.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
The game is ripping me off whenever I play online. Every time I attempt to play, I get two stocked despite playing five times better than the opponent, due to the game not inputting any shields or air dodges that I do. And then when I do start doing good, the game lags until I have no chance of winning anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Furret24

Smash Master
The game is ripping me off whenever I play online. Every time I attempt to play, I get two stocked despite playing five times better than the opponent, due to the game not inputting any shields or air dodges that I do. And then when I do start doing good, the game lags until I have no chance of winning anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Can't. This game just has lag issues. Either play offline or set up matches elsewhere.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Specifically failing to shield and dodge males me think controller issues, but lag will happen regardless. Get a better connection and try again, or learn to deal with it, or give up on online play. S'all I got.

Nah

Smash Champion
"Ripping me off" makes it sound like the game is stealing money from you

But yeah, getting a better internet connection would help. Also try to limit what else is using internet resources when you're playing Smash, and that there's as few things in the way between your WiiU and the modem as possible, particularly other electronics. I swear that every time my sister comes downstairs with her laptop is 90% of the time when the game gets laggy......

I know the feel though, it's annoying as hell when you lose a match because there's a super brief lag spike that suddenly makes you not jump or turns a Dair into a Nair or some ****.

Last edited:

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
If you keep switching rooms and you still get input lag, then it is most likely coming from your side.

Top Bottom