• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Freezes - glitch

Question regarding the Name Entry Glitch - I can get the game to freeze, and I was wondering if one of you guys could figure it out for me.

Setup: If you select a character - and have no other instances of that character selected - and then deselect that character, and then do the Name Entry Glitch, the game will freeze upon loading the stage. It only happens when no other instances of that character are selected - if, say, you have two Foxes activated, and you deselect one of them, and Name Entry Glitch, then the game won't freeze. But, if only one Fox was selected, and then deactivated, the game would freeze.

This seems like it could be an important step toward...something. But, I'd need to know why and how it happens, first - there's no real way to test that out, in-game. Soo... could you guys help me out with that...

(On a similar topic, why does Master Hand's and Giga Bowser's character icons say Shiek, like why does that happen in-game, when using the Master Hand Glitch...?)

Thanks.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
We already understand how to load different characters in the character select menu. Additionally, while I'm not sure the crash is most likely due to illegal access to memory and since there are many many times which the game does this it would be almost impossible to find. So we kind of already understand it/it would be highly impractical.

Also, I myself have considered why sheik is loaded for the victory character text and I'll probably figure out how it works once I start working on the victory screen but its not on my top list of things to do.

There are bigger fish to fry.

Ah. Thanks for the reply. Yeah the victory screen probably isn't that relevant.

Mostly I was wondering if character values can be tweaked in some way upon loading the stage select menu, done in-game. I pick Mario, Mario loads. I pick no one, Master Hand loads. I pick XX, someone else loads? It's possible to select or deselect a character while the stage select screen loads, at least while doing the name entry glitch at the same time.

I feel like some weird conspiracy theorist pushing for things I don't know, but... sorry, I don't really have knowledge of the game's workings, and you guys do, so... hope you don't mind me asking.

Top Bottom