• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Faqs' Best. Game. Ever.

D

Deleted member

This was quite the toughie. I chose Street Fighter over Sonic in the end.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
OoT is super over rated, I think it's a good game but I really dont like it. =/

FF7 is well, I just cant stand most JRPG's to begin with, everyone's huge nerd boner over it kinda makes me look at it the same I view Naruto. *cough*terrible*cough*

D

Deleted member

New one up, ended up voting for River City Ransom. It was so unique back in the day, and didn't need an epic story to be cool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can agree that OOT is overrated, but not bad.

Overrated doesn't = bad.

I'd say Donkey Kong out of the ones I've played at least. I never really liked Tetris that much.

edit: I skipped over Space Invader D: that would've it if I didn't read so fast. My bad.
Really, I'd say OoT is not in the least overrated. Looking back, I think it deserves any and all praise it got.

If you look at what it was, gauging everything that came before it, it crushed the competition in graphic design, story development, world size (which wasn't a pain to cross because you had epona) and everything flowed so well, and it never got dull (honestly, it didn't, it didn't slow down, it kept you in the game)

So yeah, OoT deserves what it gets because it was the first like it, as much as I liked TP and WW, (MM is different) they followed the same formula established by OoT and thus can never surpass it

ANYWAY, on to the topic at hand. Yesterday's poll was FF1/Prince of Persia...uh..**** don't remeber, anyone got a clue? I voted for the one that got the most (FF1 came second I think)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Right, thanks. I voted for SMW then.

Eeek.. the first bracket of 1998-2000 is going to be awful for me..

B&K ,pokemon red/blue AND majora's mask.. :(

the second one of the 2004-2006 brackets gonna be murder too, I want to vote for then all! :(

D

Deleted member

New pollzer is up! This was a hard one tough decision for me between Mario Kart, Sonic 3 and Super Metroid. I ended up going with Super Metroid because of all the cool collectibles.

finalark

SNORLAX
I choose Sonic 3, because I haven't played Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes wasn't as good and Super Mario Kart was still good, by Sonic 3 is so much better.

finalark

SNORLAX
That was an easy choice for me. Link to the Past was it, although Donkey Kong Country does come in second for me (never liked Streets of Rage and while Doom was a pretty good game, I enjoyed Zelda more.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Holy ****ing **** Shining Force 2.

I now what im voting for next.

Too bad no one knows about that game LOL.

D

Deleted member

I've never played any of them besides Zelda. So I chose that by default.

finalark

SNORLAX
Today I choose Sonic 2 because I haven't played any of the others on that list. Although Secret of Mana is a game that's always interested me.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Shining Force 2 here is clearly the best game.

Of course, NO ONE played it so it wont get any votes.

finalark

SNORLAX
Donkey Kong Country 2 is the only one that I've played on that list (I feel bad for never playing Golden Eye). So that one kind of wins by default.

D

Deleted member

I really enjoyed Mario RPG's platformer/RPG mix, and the visuals were pretty nice for the time, so I chose that. Goldeneye was really close, but shooters never were my cup of tea.

Top Bottom