• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Matchup Export: Meta Knight

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well at least for RC, you should win there, GW is better there. Brinstar though, I'm not sure if you should ban it or not, I don't actually know, both characters **** here, but I think MK is better. Strike number 2 could be something like Frigate or Delfino. But avoid FD >: (

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
It's funny you mention Frigate, someone else had said it's a Good CP. Any reason behind banning it?

The sharking on Brinstar is scary.

Edit: Delphino and Frigate aren't starters, I'm using Unity as a good basis.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Yes, I have died to aerial shuttle loop at 40 from above the stage. The range of possible trajectories from shuttle loop are small enough that I consider it un-DI-able for all practical purposes.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten an MK main on both Brinstar and Frigate in one set...I don't think they are too terrible.

I guess if the MK main know how to destroy on Brinstar, don't take him there, but if you think you can deal with the player there for some reason, I think you should do it, G&W is great there.

I only fear two stages against any character, and that is FD and YI, so I just avoid those two, I don't think anyone is too much of a problem on other stages. If you're going to lose to someone on any other stage other than those two I mentioned it's probably going to be because they are a better player than you.

^Just my thoughts.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
We want to assume equal skill, and full knowledge from the MK player about the matchup, I am looking for safe bans and that last strike.

:phone:

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
So I have gone through and tallied all the matchup numbers, It's split almost perfectly even between 35:65 and 40:60. I don't want to use anything more specific, so if you haven't posted a ratio, please do so quickly so that we can move on to the next character!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Assuming the MK knows the G&W matchup very well, this matchup is 30::70. That's my opinion, just throwing it out there. I've done a lot of discussing about it before somewhere else if you're interested enough to go find it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Assuming the MK knows the G&W matchup very well, this matchup is 30::70. That's my opinion, just throwing it out there. I've done a lot of discussing about it before somewhere else if you're interested enough to go find it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Would you know where it is? I'll read through it and update this as seems fitting.

Due to the overwhelming amounts of 40:60's and 35:65's I'm going to go with 35:65, but like everything in this world, that may change later on.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
35:65 imo

We can do stuff to him but the metaknight HAS to **** up. We have premium punishes...but metaknight played correctly is very unpunishable. Still though, our immunity to getting gimped hardcore is one of the biggest factors to why we can hold our own against him.

In my opinion, O' course.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
4 votes for - 40:60
6 votes for - 35:65
1 vote for - 30:60

And with that, please check over this and look for faults or places that need additional info.

Back to the original thread!

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Omg xx:xx ratios instead of the +/- system D:
I'm confused... Also MK ***** this MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I wish we had another badass G&W like me :awesome: here so I could play this MU more. I've played the MU on G&Ws side though and it feels like an easier Marth but deadlier on the ground.

Top Bottom