• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and watch custom moves

Thegopher

Smash Cadet
Anybody know these? Anyone got a video for it? Interested what his side b could possibly be.

Smaggles

Smash Cadet
REALLY hoping he has a form of down air that doesn't plunge you from the skies, and a down tilt that doesn't have that weird air mechanic on it.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
REALLY hoping he has a form of down air that doesn't plunge you from the skies, and a down tilt that doesn't have that weird air mechanic on it.
Normals do not have cusomization options only specials.

I can confirm a version of Chef that sends at a much lower angle, but does less damage. Also a version of Up-B that sends G&W super high (maybe twice as high), but he doesn't have a hitbox on the way up and doesn't go into parachute. Finally, Down-B has a version that fills up instantly and a version that, when released, is probably 2.5x bigger than usual. Both do less damage than the normal Down-B.

Smaggles

Smash Cadet
Normals do not have cusomization options only specials.
that's a little depressing, but it's understandable.

I can confirm a version of Chef that sends at a much lower angle, but does less damage. Also a version of Up-B that sends G&W super high (maybe twice as high), but he doesn't have a hitbox on the way up and doesn't go into parachute. Finally, Down-B has a version that fills up instantly and a version that, when released, is probably 2.5x bigger than usual. Both do less damage than the normal Down-B.
That instant filling bucket sounds really good, considering how scarce kill moves seem to be in this game, even if it does have reduced damage.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I got a chance to see both of Game and Watch's side B customs in action.

His first custom makes it so he can only swing a 1 or 9 with his hammer, though the chances aren't 50/50. The 1 only causes 5% self damage vs. the usual 12%, and makes the opponent stagger enough that it's likely safe at higher percents. The 9 does less damage, but is still more then strong enough to score KOs well before 100%.

His second custom is an odd one. He still draws numbers ranging from 1 to 9, but the hammer now deals a number of hits equal to the number drawn rather then having unique effects, with the final hit being stronger with higher numbers. The 9 looks significantly weaker, but still strong enough to be a good KO move.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
I got a chance to see both of Game and Watch's side B customs in action.

His first custom makes it so he can only swing a 1 or 9 with his hammer, though the chances aren't 50/50. The 1 only causes 5% self damage vs. the usual 12%, and makes the opponent stagger enough that it's likely safe at higher percents. The 9 does less damage, but is still more then strong enough to score KOs well before 100%.

His second custom is an odd one. He still draws numbers ranging from 1 to 9, but the hammer now deals a number of hits equal to the number drawn rather then having unique effects, with the final hit being stronger with higher numbers. The 9 looks significantly weaker, but still strong enough to be a good KO move.
Watching the footage of the 1-9 Hammer, I can say that is so damn good.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I think my preferred custom setup for 1 vs.1 would be 2312.

The jumbo Chef occupies a huge amount of space and gives you something to hide behind while you approach due to its slow speed.

The multi-hitting Judge seems more reliable then the standard version, as all of the numbers seem to have decent knockback to them and do more damage on average, and the nine still KOs easily.

I'm not entirely decided on Fire, as I haven't seen how powerful its Heavy variant is, but the extra jump height on version 3 doesn't seem good enough to warrant the loss of the parachute.

Seeing as I'm almost never able to actually get a full bucket due to my opponents being reluctant to use projectiles out of fear of the normal Oil Panic, I think having the instant version would be nice. It presents less of a scare factor due to its low power, but it gives you an extremely quick attack that can easily be worked into combos or used as a punish due to its range, and does decent damage.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I think my preferred special setup would be 2332, personally.

Jumbo Chef controls a lot of air space, Multi Judge is almost flat out better then normal Judge aside from the slightly higher start-up, High Fire has strong vertical KO power and lets you attack out of it faster, and the Shallow Oil Panic gives you a quick damage builder to use whenever you catch a projectile, on top of retaining its KO power if you catch something powerful.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I take my statement about the Launch Trampoline custom. The hitbox on it that actually KOs is really hard to connect with, though it is nice for recovering.

The Heavy Trampoline, however, is amazing, outside of it nerfing your recovery. The lower jump height means your opponent has less time to react to whatever it is you decide do afterward, and also makes it a much better out of shield option then the other variants when coupled with the damage and knockback the sweetspot does.

Top Bottom