• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Analysis and Kirby MU

1ne Up

Smash Rookie
NNID
1ne_Up
I want to get better, this matchup and player in particular is holding me back from becoming the best player at my local weekly and he has remained undefeated last year and hasn't been beaten yet this year (through the weekly we had friday(just started back bc summer is over) and all the friendlies i've played with him) I know my problem is i'm too aggressive, but what in depth can i do to beat this pink puffball.
Edit: I'll post the GFs match when it comes to getting uploaded. <3

Last edited:

S-bow64

Smash Cadet
I am no Cloud player but if I could give you some general advices that would be to :

- Stop fast falling all your aerials like that, especially the Dair, it got a lingering hitbox so use that to the very end to make it safer.

- Stop attacking him back every time he launches you, and if you gotta do it, don't FF Dair.

- Space your aerials better, you got the range so don't put yourself into him when you attack. You are asking to get shield grab and it shouldn't happen.

As you said, you are too agressive but the problem is that your put your own security aside because you make most of your attacks useless and because your opponent know that he'll be able to punish every time, you allow him to not commit that much in the neutral, so he ends up winning.

Use C-stick in attack to be able to use aerials while still being able to choose where you want to go. You'll make yourself less vulnerable while still being able to apply pressure.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
this is not a difficult match up - in fact it's one of cloud's easiest.

-control the match more with charging limit. don't camp, but do pick up on his approach habits and get around them
-kirby does not have good approach options outside of dair, this can be shield-grabbed.
-kirby is also a lighter character with a small shield, learn how to space fair properly and really apply some shield pressure.
-grab more.
-juggle the -crap- out of kirby. he has a really hard time landing, especially on stages like battlefield. with kirby being so floaty but slow, you can string a lot of uairs together

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
I think the main problem is just your Cloud play, though you played good.

I would say to practice, try working on autocancel timings on aerials. Also try not to use laggy aerials like fair and dair on landing, unless the fair is spaced well (the tip)

Limit should pretty much only be used for killing or extending a stock lead, not just adding percent. The movement buffs are worth holding onto it until high percents.

Less smash attacks; switching to c-stick attack will help with this as well as give you better air movement control, which is beneficial for Cloud.

As Mr. T said, make him approach by using Limit Charge and Blade Beam, while stopping the approach using bairs and nairs, which outrange anything Kirby can do.

Top Bottom