• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galeruption

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Galeruption as I've coined it (previously Tornadoruption), is my favorite Ike move in the game.

It's a character-specific attack that makes an art form of punishing Gale Boomerang-spamming Links.

Many Link players love to toss out a Gale Boomerang as soon as you get knocked up into the sky. At the highest point of the knockback, take an extra jump, above the screen if possible, and then start charging your Eruption immediately. You should land either directly in front of or on top of the tornado, which will drag you directly into your enemy. The timing on the release shouldn't be too hard, as long as you don't get too excited for the glorious moment about to happen. Repeat as necessary until they stop spamming boomerangs.

You can also do it low to the ground but always try to jump before charging so you're not an easy target for an arrow to the face.

Last edited:

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Tornadoruption as I've coined it (or Firenado) is my favorite Ike move in the game.

It's a character-specific attack that makes an art form of punishing Gale Boomerang-spamming Links.

Many Link players love to toss out a Gale Boomerang as soon as you get knocked up into the sky. At the highest point of the knockback, take an extra jump, above the screen if possible, and then start charging your Eruption immediately. You should land either directly in front of or on top of the tornado, which will drag you directly into your enemy. The timing on the release shouldn't be too hard, as long as you don't get too excited for the glorious moment about to happen. Repeat as necessary until they stop spamming boomerangs.

You can also do it low to the ground but always try to jump before charging so you're not an easy target for an arrow to the face.
I used to do that on brawl a lot

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I play a Link all the time. Fun tip

If they throw it while off stage jump into it and fair them as the wind takes you to Link. You zip across the air and it leads you directly to them

Arrei

Smash Lord
It won't work on smart Links, as all they have to do is fire an arrow or throw a bomb at you while you charge, but that boomerang really is the source of all kinds of hilarity. Pac-Man's hydrant water, too. I've partaken in doing flying dropkicks and water bowling with Bowser and Villager's Fsmashes.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I did Shield Breaker as Marth while riding the wind, so funny when they just sit there and shield when you come in, free broken shields for days.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Galeruption?

Edit: edited most instances of 'tornadoruption' to the superior 'galeruption'

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It won't work on smart Links, as all they have to do is ... throw a bomb at you while you charge.
A smart Link would know that's not necessarily enough.

5% no-flinch damage received vs 24+% damage + knockback given? I'll make that trade any day. ;)

Arrei

Smash Lord
What the heck happened there? Eruption's not supposed to be armored like that.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
..What the hell? Is there gale boomerang effects that I'm unaware of? Does it actually provide super armor to the opponent or did Eruption get a super armor buff?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ FieryRebirth FieryRebirth

That's a good question. I've done galeruption more times than possibly anyone (I fish for them like a maniac) but I still can't answer your question satisfactorily. It seems to work with bombs, but not arrows. If someone wants to experiment with me add me NNID and we can figure out what is happening.

I think what might be happening is that the tornado doesn't grant superarmor, but instead may reduce your flinch/KB values. Not exactly superarmor. More like reduced flinch? Lets test it.

NNID: NeilDavis

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I dunno, you have to give points to Bowser doing his Fsmash in the boomerang, too. Goddamn flying dropkicks, man.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh. That move has a ton of horizontal reach to begin with. Not quite the same.

Top Bottom