• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy has a new ip

firo

Smash Ace
Please remove this topic if mods/admins don't think it is necessary.

Galaxy was put on a new machine and reinstalled to stop crashes. The ip apparently changed. The old one still works for me and some other people but the new ip is:

69.172.242.150:27888

Hopefully this will once and for all solve the issues we are having

Sangoku

Smash Master
Poor firo, he's having so many troubles =(. I've already heard people saying GodWeapon was better than Galaxy. That's unfair given all the effort he's putting into this.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, he like pays for the server himself and then they screw him over. WEAK. Firo is my herooooooooooooooo

firo

Smash Ace
Er... well looks like the host is still getting things set up. I'll wait another day before I send another angry email. I do have some other good smash related news though that I'll post in a different topic.

firo

Smash Ace
Ok, so the server is up now. The old ip works for me as it always has. Someone should confirm it it's on the new ip or the old one.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
neither galaxy working, trying from 2 totally diff computers/connections

WWL is full of N00BS who dont play smash...:(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Most of the Galaxy peeps migrated to Godweapon is what he means.

Not sure why they didn't go to WWL, but w/e.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
upness of new IP galaxy confirmed, as of now and like an hour or two ago

YYYYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
not...really

scheming plot to bring godwep down for a few days any1?
jk jk

aaronmhite

Smash Rookie
Saw quite a few in WWL and the old Galaxy yesterday, but the majority was still in Godweapon.

:phone:

firo

Smash Ace
Ok seriously... either someone is crashing the server (likely) or there's some big problems here.

Actually, I don't really know what's going on, but there isn't much I can do. The server is up again. If it keeps crashing I suspect that UGS will just stop hosting the server.

firo

Smash Ace
Didn't smasher X threaten to crash the server a while ago?
He did, but unfortunately there really is no way to tell from what is available to me if the server has been crashed. Logs only tell me what's happening in the server, and I assume if someone wanted to crash it then they would do it in such a way that makes it undetectable.

Ok so... there are two galaxy servers now I guess? I don't think UGS know what they are doing.

Here's the super secret galaxy copy ip: 69.172.242.131:27888

Battlecow

Play to Win
Did Smasher X ever say where he lived IRL? One or two of us could maybe go and give him a talking-to, if anyone lives relatively close.

In other news I WANT MY 1 FRAME BAAAAAAAAAACK

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Galaxy seemed to be down again yesterday for me at some point.

I don't think people are going to come back until we can actually say something consistent is going to happen.

Top Bottom