• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaga up throw physics

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I'm in "the lab" as they say for really my first time ever in the 7 months I've had this game. Kind of makes me wonder how I've done as well at some events as I have since I've basically just yolo'd every time I play a tournament lol. Anyway, when I was playing friendlies with Zage at Xanadu almost a couple of weeks ago, I ended one of our matches by killing him up top with a galaga up throw which he said he's never really thought of doing. Point is, an upthrow galaga can really surprise an opponent who is dropping from above. Especially if it is after the loop-de-loop when the galaga can go left, right or straight up. The knockback is upwards and can be quite heavy resulting in a ceiling KO. I've done it once before in For Glory some time ago and while I have the match saved because it's not often you end a match like that, it can't be viewed anymore thanks to the update back in July :/

Is there a way to influence the galaga's path after the loop? I've been doing all galaga work this morning and wanted to check out how the galaga flow works. I've tried standing still, moving around, DI'ing it... From what I can tell it doesn't appear to be something we can control.

I have noticed that when up-throwing, more often than not, if you stand still, it will have a straight path, but if you throw out of some attack, the direction is influenced. But it wasn't always the case. That also wouldn't explain how standing still and throwing it forward isn't always the same either.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't think there's any surefire way to control the galaxian's trajectory, meaning this'll always be an unreliable tactic until we find some way to control it.

I do complain about not having much to do after a trampoline at high %...maybe this could force an option select situation? Maybe airdodge/attack the galaxian -> gets hit by Inky ; or get hit by the galaxian and possibly carried off the stop if it steers into them again.

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
The path is dependent on where the opponent is, I think (=assume).

Top Bottom