• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gah's matchup thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Alright, so I figured I'd take the liberty of discussing the matchups against all the characters. Since matchup discussion takes forever, I'll be doing this in one shot. I have lots of experience against skilled players and I believe my views represent the feelings of not only the Wolf boards, but the boards of the other characters as well. This is a serious thread meant to inform, so please, no rude comments or spam. And with that, I'll begin in order with the current tier list (however wrong it may be).

Format:

Character name
Matchup ratio (Wolf:Other character)
Description

Metaknight
90:10

Man, this guy's a joke. Wolf has so many infinites, locks, and combos it isn't even funny. Wolf even out ranges and out prioritizes this guy. Everything Wolf has beats tornado, even up-b. On top of all that MK is easily gimped with blaster, shine, and up-b suicide kills. Also feel free to spike him out of his recovery if he dares to try. This matchup is hopeless for Meta Knight.

Snake
65:35

The only real reason this isn't 70:30 Wolf is because Snake has a goatee and that gives him +5 on every matchup. Other than that, grenades aren't too hard to get around, just jumpshine all day. Blaster beats every approach Snake has and explodes his mines. Don't worry about him trying to kill you. Since he's a clone he ages very quickly, so if you just camp, not only does his kill power go down as the match wears on, but he'll probably just lose a stock due to dieing from old age. Another pretty easy matchup for Wolf, just watch out for him when he starts a fresh stock. Also his recovery is horrid, spike-city al day, son!

Diddy
95:5

Just wait for him to pull out a banana. If hit hit's the ground he'll be arrested for littering, and you'll automatically win. If you get his by a peanut, he'll be arrested for feeding wild animals. If you get hit by his side b, he'll be arrested for ****. If he uses his up b, he'll be arrested for using unstable explosives in a public place. Other than that, Diddy's A-moves are a pushover. They are extremely lacking in range. So just camp and hit him off stage. With so many ways for Diddy to lose, this is easily one of Wolf's matchups.

Falco
50:50

Man, this guy's a beast. He's got an awesome projectile, a great escape tool, and an overall good spacing game. He's got two weaknesses though, his below average recovery, and the fact that you outrange every single one of his close combat moves.

Ice Grabbers

These guys are stupid. They have nothing but grabs, which they don't even have any setups for. Their blizzard, ice cubes, and hammers are easy to get around, plus you outrange all thier moves. In short, don't get grabbed.

Marth
60:40

Just mess up his hair. He'll rage quit and go fix it, meaning you win. The hard part is actually getting to him since he's quite fast and has long range. Just keep aiming for the hair and victory is yours!

Wario
80:20

Pfft! This guy is pathetic. He is outranged by every other character in the game and is prone to gay grab-release shenanigans. Since your grab outranges him, simply grab>release>anything. He's got decent airspeed though is fairly evasive, but you can't avoid grabs forever.

DDD

Insult his weight or throw a hamburger off stage and you got this in the bag.

Pikachu
70:30

Pika can be hard if you don't know what to do. Just make sure you practice the chaingrab>downsmash 0 to death combo. Pika still has some tricks up his sleeve though. He's got a projectile to keep you at bay and can bait your reflector to set up for some nasty combos (from 0 to 50% only).

Olimar
100:0

Olimar is stupidly easy. Kill his pikmen and throw him off stage. Or Jack his rocket and leave him behind on the planet surface at night.

Lucario

G&W

Pit

Toon Link

ZSS
0:100

Kirby

Robert

DK

Peach

Fox
40:60

Luigi

Wolf
100:0 (Wolf always wins)

Shiek

Pkmn Trainer

Sonic
90:10 or 40:60

This really depends on who is playing as Sonic. If it's Espy, it's 40:60 Sonic's favor, but if it's any other Sonic, 90:10 Wolf. *more to come later*

Ness

Bowser

Lucas
85:15

Ike

Yoshi

Mario

Falcon

Samus

Jiggly

Zelda

Link

Ganon

Well that's all I have for now, I'll be updating (and hopefully finishing) this tomorrow.

Ishey! Please don't lock this until i finish, please! I really want to finish this for the lolz!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I won't be able to lock this thread since I'll be away for a bit, so... I'm going to lock it now to prevent spam and unlock it when I get back, if that's okay. It's for the greater good D:

And, of course, I'll have to lock it once it's done. Sorry :< But I'll make a section for entertaining spam threads in the directory and put this there :laugh:

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom