• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W wall jump!?

borg

Smash Rookie
So for a long while I have wall jumped with G&W at unexpected times and I cannot find consistency.

I did find recorded proof at last, qerb wall jumps: go to time = 4:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsVX-3ZsFU

One might argue it was a momentum ordeal, but I am convinced it ain't because when I wall jump (of course when not recording (grrr) I see a fluid jump animation and not just my corpse rebounding off the wall....). Qerb's instance above is similar but I recall it looking a bit different. Nonetheless it is a similar or exact tragectory of other character wall jumps it seems.

So could someone join me in experimenting what causes G&W's wall jump? in the video the wall jump is while on fire from falcons up b throw. I recall having this happen most with ganandorfs up b throw as well. But not at all is it a necessity since i have had falco side smash me into a wall and I wall jump... I think its if I am during a certin hit lab quantity/quality. Perhaps fire/electricity is helpful because that's most common for me. Maybe a shorter time threshold, etc...

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
It's just a wall tech jump. Anytime you tech on a wall you can do it by pressing out I think.

JHandy25

Smash Rookie
You have to hold up or a jump button (as well as the usual tech input) to wall tech jump, holding out will not input a wall tech jump

Top Bottom