• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Taunts: Do you use them?

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
So just thought I'd kick off here with a fun thread. I've noticed more G&Ws that I meet online will reciprocate the bell and also aggressively ring their bell at the edge after a KO (which I also love to do). So the question I'm posing is, do you guys give them hell and give them the bell? Also, do you like his new down taunt or no?

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
I use his Sigh taunt to tell my opponents that "I am stronger than an ant."

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
No, I foxtrot in random directions and mix in the occasional teabag to throw off my opponent's invincibility game as much as possible.

The sigh taunt occasionally comes out if someone SDs.

Last edited:

ics142857

Smash Rookie
Up taunt if opponent is hit off the top, side taunt for other KOs. Down taunt if they SD.

8-bit KoopaKid

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haruhiist
3DS FC
0748-2928-9745
Well most people see it as teabagging, I like using the up and down just for Gdubs instantly smashing himself and beeping a bunch, its adorable!

Online I occasionally taunt, down taunt best after landing a 9 (its hard work and he needs to chillax). Bell any other time. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always taunt, and which taunt I use depends on the situation. I use the sigh if my opponent was too easy or was challenging (sigh of boredom or relief) and the bell in every other instance.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
I've noticed the bell ringing at the edge of the stage while they're still recovering really gets people going. Had a guy switch his name to "bellfagt" after I got him twice with Oil Panic, ringing all the way.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
If I get a star/screen KO, then I do the up taunt followed by the side taunt. I'll also do the down taunt when they SD.

also hi

DriveSober

Smash Rookie
I like the down taunt because it's one of the only taunts in the game that's not insulting. If it was a close match and I get a KO I'll use the down taunt to say "Wow, that took a lot of work", kind of like saying gg. I don't see how you guys actually use it in an offending way because it doesn't look disparaging at all.

I don't use the up or side taunts unless the opponent pissed me off and I want them to know I'm insulting them. I'll throw out both of them in a row and then teabag. Otherwise if I want to be cheeky I'll spam neutral a so that it looks like I'm jacking it while the opponent flies off.

tol

Smash Rookie
I could go through all three after a kill. They're so fast

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
What i do is after i kill them i run to the edge and do his get up attack (which is his bell) and then i side taunt right after
you can also do his up-tilt over and over again...like saying you're number 1
you can also move very just slightly to one side over and over and G&W kind of flips out in place lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Down taunt after lengthy edge guarding gimp with neutral b is godly.

Raithen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0731-5248-2222
I like to judge to give them a score of how well they died.

That or just spam saussages in the air like I just don't care.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I like to judge to give them a score of how well they died.

That or just spam saussages in the air like I just don't care.
This is true. Half of G&W's moves seem like taunts themselves.

-Judge scors
-raise the roof up air
-nonchalant food flipping
-slow walk tip-toe
-lazily drift in parachute off stage

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
When using him, Mr. Game and Watch makes me feel like I've worked for every stock I take.

Which is why I will never cease to taunt when I get the chance :V

Denzill7

Smash Cadet
When I take their last stock and they get star-KOd, I dair offstage and see how close I get to the blast line without dying.

Top Bottom