• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Mindgames

iownu1337

Smash Rookie
If u are ever playing G&W than here is what u do. Ban the stages with bright lights. G&W is ridiculously hard to see in the dark levels like final, battlefield, or jungle japes. Also, if u change the tint on the tv or reduce the brightness, g&w actually becomes invisible when u are farther than 2 meters from the TV. Whenever you are going to a coloured stage than pick the matching colour, and never use your name. It works pretty good for me, whats your opinion?

Ether

Smash Ace
"A man can't hit what he can't see."

What is that, Karate Kid part 2?

Also, I've heard that a single sausage can lead to an aerial, but I'm not sure.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
I've had the camo help me a few imes on BF and FD. Its not THAT big of a deal though unless its...ugh...FFA.

In FFA most people will think I fell off as im just hanging out in the air jumping back onto a non-edge guarded ledge. =p

...Also...Blue G&W beats Red!!!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Red GW gets more 9 hammers.. :)

At least some of the time.. :lick:

I play red for every character whose red is not pink or orange. Screw changing colors to match the background. :p

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Red GW gets more 9 hammers.. :)

At least some of the time.. :lick:

I play red for every character whose red is not pink or orange. Screw changing colors to match the background. :p
...But Blue G&W gets larger hitboxes!!! :laugh:

But ya as started...the camo doesn't do too well on 1V1's...unless the person your playing needs glasses... :dizzy:

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
lol, now turn your contrast to nothing and play against 3 lvl9 opponents that are teamed up against you! :)

Cinder

Smash Master
If u are ever playing G&W than here is what u do. Ban the stages with bright lights. G&W is ridiculously hard to see in the dark levels like final, battlefield, or jungle japes. Also, if u change the tint on the tv or reduce the brightness, g&w actually becomes invisible when u are farther than 2 meters from the TV. Whenever you are going to a coloured stage than pick the matching colour, and never use your name. It works pretty good for me, whats your opinion?
Darn...I thought this thread was actually gonna give some really good mindgames, not just trying to make yourself invisible...btw...if your opponents can't see you, how can you? If you make it to where you can see yourself, your opponents would be able to see you...am I right?

Being new to G&W, I must ask: are there any good mindgames G&W can use? I have a tournament Wednesday at school (and Tope has one on Sunday...), and I would like to mindgame the hell out of the n00bs I'll be fighting...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
a few of my G&W mindgames:

Charge dsmash. Yeah, just charge it. For some reason people underestimate this move and they end up running into a fully-charged dsmash lol. If they catch on and wait for the dsmash to end, then immediately dtilt after the dsmash ends. They will already be running at you and get hit by the dtilt. I've gotten plenty of kills doing both of these things.

Run off the stage, then jump backwards and bair them. I do this a lot. Nothing too special, but still a bit of a mindgame. Good spacing move, too.

Short hop towards them, waveland backwards. Throws people off a bit. Switch it up and actually hit them with a fair sometimes.

Empty short hop fastfalls. Makes opponent a bit antsy and don't know when you're actually gonna hit them. Mix this up with the short hop wavelands and you're pretty hot stuff.

All of G&W's throws are mindgames. Since they all have the same exact animation your opponent has no idea where the hell you're about to throw them. Take advantage of this. Mess with their heads a bit. Do a bunch of the same throw for a while and then switch it up and capitalize. They probably think they're DI'ing wrong or something when they DI left but you bthrow them to the right :p

I know I might spam this match but the end is an excellent mindgame :lick:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9RLb3FQaOws

that's all I can think of for now. have fun mindgaming! :)

Cinder

Smash Master
^Thanks, I'll keep that in mind;)...I couldn't finish the vid (**** loading time)...but yeah, thanks for the help...I'm gonna try to get some vids of me and my friends up, assuming my server cooperates and lets me upload >_<...

Top Bottom