• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W in teams?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm surprised nobody made this thread yet. >_> But I just have some questions regarding Game & Watch in teams.

How good is G&W in teams? What are his team strengths and weaknesses?

Who's a good partner for G&W?

What's the best what to play G&W in teams? Like strategies, moves, etc.

G&W is my best character and I play him very well, but in teams I've always played Ganon instead. I used G&W in a low tier tourney and did very well (3rd place, teamed with SuperDoodleMan :cool:). He used Luigi. I played G&W in teams a lot like I did in Singles, not much changed. Most of the time he would rack up the damage, and then I would jump in with a parachute and kill the opponent. I had to be careful with parachute around my partner though. I definitely used nair a lot more in teams than in singles. I'm considering playing G&W in teams at tournaments more often, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Personally, I favour Peach as a decent partner. I often find myself d-tilting an enemy into midair and Peach performs a heavy hitting aerial while floating above me. But that's all the experience I have with G&W in teams.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
umm well, luigi is a good teams partner no matter what. GW is particularly bad in teams agaisnt anyone that knows what they are doing. All you have to know is how crappy your sheild is then youll realize how much u use your sheild in teams.

all i can say is chain grab alot in teams do alot of tilts and ur gonna have to really space your ariels cause like you said u hit your partner almost every time you do somthing.
my suggestion would be to play on large level like dreamland. because on levels like yoshi story is just going to be a spam on GW fest because of ur sheild and u die easily in all direction there.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea i can't plausibly see a reason where GAW would be a good team member.. considering the amount you shield like Needles said.. all i can see is a lot of shield STABS or breaking.. its just gonna have to be a different character if you want to play teams i guess..

His Nair would be all he really had going for him i guess. and the manhole for combo starting

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Dont get me wrong you can play GW in teams if you know what ur doing, BUt its just like why even play that hard when theres chars like sheik and ganondorf lol fox falco, GW is doable but not a very wise choice and prlly wont get u many good teamates

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Dont get me wrong you can play GW in teams if you know what ur doing, BUt its just like why even play that hard when theres chars like sheik and ganondorf lol fox falco, GW is doable but not a very wise choice and prlly wont get u many good teamates
This is true, now that I think about it I have to agree. I guess I just need a reality check. I guess sometimes I try to rep G&W too hard haha. I was overconfident that I could do well with G&W in teams. I'm the only person who mains G&W around here, there's only two people who play G&W better than I do but they're the best two players in the state, they're pretty much good with everybody. I guess I'll just stick with Ganon & Jiggly for teams. G&W for singles. :chuckle: I just thought it was worth a try to ask. Sometimes I team combinations that are weird and I didn't think they would work, but they turn out doing OK. Survival is important in teams, and G&W just isn't so good at that :cool:

Galt

Smash Journeyman
One good thing about teams is that people tend to fall into your combos more often. For G&W, that's a pretty decent advantage, because he can really pack in the damage, assuming he can hit. It stands to reason, however, that if other people fall into your combos more easily, you'll also fall into theirs. That's why you'd need to know how to space/be good, I suppose.

I generally think Jigglypuff and Falco make good partners for G&W, because they can save him easily, and get some quick kills with the damage he builds.

pdk

Smash Lord
g&w would be good partners with someone who can sort of camp off an edge for a good amount of time, you could both edgeguard by having g&w do something like dtilts or sausage spamming

D1

Banned via Administration
Well in all my NYC smash experience seeing Wes, Bum, Raffy, other DA memberz, and me teaming w/ Dire's GW once as well (almost everyone Dire teams w/ gets top 3 placing in teams for the most part especially among top tier whoring NYC smashers (even tho there are random occasions you see ppl throw out mid/lows here and there)...for the most part (to be brief) I say GW is great on teams as long as the GW knows what he's doing (killing).

Top Bottom