• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-Dorf's down-b questions

Mr. Game and Play

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there is anyway to cut the end animations, or wavedash/land out of it...

Because I did once but I assume that it was because I was knocked high and when I did it I landed on a platform and was near the end of the animation...

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I can't help you, did you try searching for other forums that maybe answer this question?

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
hmm u dont lose lag depending on how far you are into the attack... i dont think...

im guessing the animation was just... finished... thus u only had landing lag, which is a couple frames

marthsword

Smash Ace
No, there is no way to do it. I wish there was. I don't know what happened to the landing lag, can someone answer?

Metà

Smash Master
There are no IASA frames during any part of this attack.
From the ground…
Total: 77
Hit: 14-34
Total (ends in the air): 69
If you hit a wall, 60 frame animation
From the air…
Total: 58
Hit: 15-29
Landing hit: 2-3
Landing animation: 57

Metà

Smash Master
Please don't give me any credit for that, Airo; I got it from SDM's list of stats. It's very useful, though trivial. People always overlook the bare essentials of the game. And by bare essentials, I mean: strip the level textures, lose the polygons, and view character-stage interaction boxes and cursors/collision bubbles/level features. For example, I bet you didn't know that GaW and Doc/Mario have the EXACT same reach (however, not in relation to their appearance). Also, try drawing a map of FD. Now look at what it really looks like. It actually has almost the same slope as the underside of Battlefield, but you can wall-hug.

[/trivia] I know I'll probably get a handful of negrep for this, as is the current trend, but if I educate even one person, it will have been worth it.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
the only way to stop the lag from the down b is if ur high enough jump before landing or ull still hit the ground with the small attack(from landing after attack little AOE from his weight hah) besides that there is no way sorry 8(

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
oh well if u hit even when the animation is over u have the 58 frame lag still but u get a little attack out of it but its bot worth it theres hardly any knockback and I think the damage is 2-3% that's why IMO its better to try to jump b4 landing

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
has ne1 had the problem where they down-b and then kinda slide off the stage but the animation is still going so u just fall? its kinda annoying cuz u don't regain control until too late most the time at least for me

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, it's what happens when you fall off the stage while still doing your attack, after the initial damaging part. This can phuck you over pretty badly. I'll come back with stats...if I can figure it out.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, happens To Me On Battlefield All The Time :( Also Anyone Ever Been Knocked Of The Edge Before They Start Actually Moving Forward And End Up Just Flying Off The Bottom Of The Stage?

(Begin Animation, Get Hit By Move Which Doesn't Cancel Yours But Knocks You Off The Stage, Start Your 'Move' And Go Forward And Down Below The Stage Preventing You From Getting Back Up On Most Stages.)

Note: I Use PAL Version
I know exactly what ur talking ab it is teh suck

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, happens To Me On Battlefield All The Time :( Also Anyone Ever Been Knocked Of The Edge Before They Start Actually Moving Forward And End Up Just Flying Off The Bottom Of The Stage?

(Begin Animation, Get Hit By Move Which Doesn't Cancel Yours But Knocks You Off The Stage, Start Your 'Move' And Go Forward And Down Below The Stage Preventing You From Getting Back Up On Most Stages.)

Note: I Use PAL Version
On An Unrelated Note, This Is What Happens When You Type With Caps Lock On.

Top Bottom