• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FV, Ken has returned! + Rules of the gamestop tournament

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he's played it. It shouldn't make much difference, honestly. There are better Brawl players right now.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
my my..

then do attend!

id attend for the experience of witnessing someone who LIVES off of smash play!

so..

a)go, for the once in a life time chance

b)...youre better off somewhere else..if you wanna win

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Oh this gamestop tournament is going to be great if Ken is joining! I can't wait!

Tino's White Horse

Smash Journeyman
Oh, the guy who willingly decided to waste countless hours of time to live off of a video game making as much money a year than normal people do in a month and gave him much more negative notoriety than positive for being the ULTIMATE tourney***?

Yeah, I've heard all about him on 4chan. NOW I know who you're talking about. Sorry about that.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Wait... signups? My GameStop just told me to show up early as only 32 people could enter the tournament.

Wifi is going to be the new tourneys.
Not exactly. Look at Halo 2; there's still online tournaments, but MLG also utilizes LAN play thoroughly.

Oh, the guy who willingly decided to waste countless hours of time to live off of a video game making as much money a year than I do in a month and gave him much more negative notoriety than positive for being the ULTIMATE tourney***?

Yeah, I've heard all about him on 4chan. NOW I know who you're talking about. Sorry about that.
Please ignore the troll and move on, folks... nothing to see here...

spindash

Smash Ace
An opportunity to play against the Melee World Champion? I'd say go for it! :p

He may win, he may lose, he may eat a burrito while playing, I don't know what will happen if you play him. But if anything, it's just an experience and a half to get an opportunity to play with him. Have fun at the tournament! ^^

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
You must go into battle.... it is the way of the samurai

Gindler

Smash Champion
I like the person saying he lives off the money he makes playing even though he's made 40k or 50kish doing so in the many years he's played. sure that's a good chunk of change but you can't live off of 15k a year.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Wow cuase Ken unleashed marth from the game and used him to kill everyone else named Ken right?

Pengie

Smash Lord
lol at people who don't know who Ken is. I would go just for the experience of playing against him. I'm not sure if Ken has played Brawl though because I haven't seen any videos of him playing.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I say go. It's a good experience, even if you don't win. And you never know, you might beat him, considering he lost at those other Nintendo-endorsed tourneys (or so I've heard) and the rules most likely aren't the standard 'no items' kind.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Ok, who would drive 30 minutes just to go to a store when they have internet at home hmm?

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
I know a better smash player who makes millions off off the smash bros series

his anme is

DRUM ROULZ OMGZ NOEZ

Sakurai!!!

rklamer

Smash Cadet
First off, they'd have to actually get the game... and on top of that, there's an authenticity to in-person tournaments that can't be recreated online.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
You should go, so you can see him in real life. Also is there any good smash players in Texas?

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Go, just to see him.

You have the choice to see him, and give up a chance to win cash, or not see him, and have a chance at it.

Truly, you are going for the experience, right? This would certainly be a nice experience.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
^^yup...me (to Dustero). is it possible that there is another Ken Hoang in FV? if it is him, i wonder if he'll drink his gatorade with a straw again.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You should go and after he beat you should say "I hope you win this tournament and once again show why you where called "King of Smash" then maybe you could give him a piece of paper with your Wii number and smile, hoping for the best.

Top Bottom