• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Speculation on Brawl: Would you give up PK Thunder for a proper 3rd jump?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
This is one of the more intelligent threads I have seen in a while, so congrats to everyone for very little stupidity. I like the ideas of more priority and more damage, and beig able to cancel the move would be nice. His Dair has to come back, we all loved it, and I miss it dearly. I think we all know (and anyone who mained Ness in Smash64 will agree I'm sure) but if Ness is brought back to his 64 days, all you top tier guys are going to have to make some room. I had to switch to Falcon for Melee, and it was a painful transition at that. Ness was a joy to play because you can either play him or you can't, that's why this thread is NOTHING but Ness players, people who can't play him think he's a joke and don't care, and most of us remember the first time someone laughed at us for using Ness in Smash64......needless to say, they were't all smiles by the end of the match. Sorry for rambling, but I want my Ness back. So, no way, keep PK Thunder, and maybe add some more damage and tweak the recovery a bit......and it should have TOP priority.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
No keep it!
How about this? One hit from any part of PKT=1HitKO
That's all I need lol

the_l0be

Smash Rookie
a teleport would sure be nice, but i enjoy the amount of control on the pk thunder. you can use it as a recovery tool, or to pummel yourself into an opponent. teleporting just wouldnt be as versatile. like fox, ness has a third jump that can be used as an attack, id hate to lose that.

andyzond

Smash Cadet
nah. that's what makes ness such a great character. sure he has a learning curve, but pk thunder is classic, you can't take that from him, it would be against nature. (even tho it was actually paula's move.

Wow I like the double pkt idea, it has alot of potential, and as a die-hard ness playa I would be willing to accept the curve :)
-andy

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I like PK thunder... I'm all for improving it's range but I thik it would be foolish to get rid of it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok...have PKT spkie the opponent when hit, and if you are in the air when that happens you can use PKT again.

Nizbel

Smash Rookie
I would change the direction the character when they get hit by it.

For example you use on the ground and hit your opponent thats facing you and when it hits in melee they are flung towards you.
if it was the other way around you could edgegard better , you would hit someone coming back to the stage and they would fly off in the other way , sure you can do that in melee but you have to bring the thunder at the back of our opponent wich takes to much time.

I don't know if you know what I mean but the place that you hit your oppent in melee is the direction were they will fly towards.

and yeah more than 8%...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
true. but, they might take away (actually, probably) some advantages of shine.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is a rumor going around that Lucas will replace Ness in the new Smash game. Because Ness was the hero in only one of the Earthbound games and not even the latest one, I say it is all right to replace him.

First of all Lucas would probably have many of the same moves. He would just look different and have a fresh new feel. I always wondered why the Ness model received less graphical attention then the other characters (except maybe G&W). This is a chance to add more detail to Lucas so he matches the graphical world of Smash more then his counterpart did.

Plus it gives a chance for some new moves. And even old characters should have some moves changed to add some zest. (ex: Captain Falcon received all new Smash moves in the sequel)

Top Bottom