• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Smash Tournaments?

Xaessya

Smash Rookie
I know that the SmashBoards used to have tournaments every now and then with Brawl and Project M.

Is there one coming up for the Wii U or 3DS Smash Bros? Which I would assume we would mostly stick to the Tourney mode when it comes out for the Wii U version for our tournaments unless we plan on having one sooner.

Also what are the rules usually for tournaments?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Hype Tournaments is the r/smashbros official tournament team. They host tournaments often and their first for the Wii U was actually last night. Funny timing. I just created a thread in a different subforum where I'm uploading VODs of the tournament, as I was one of the hosts+commentators for the final 16 bracket tournament.

It was a huge tournament too, so there's a lot to look forward to. Plus commentators like me are recording 60fps VODs so that's always fun to watch afterwards as a competitor in the tournament.

There's also r/smashconnect for everyday matchmaking. We're hosting our first event next tuesday, a King of the Room-style event with a twist. Feel free to check that subreddit out if you haven't already.

I believe gamefaqs has a fairly high activity forum where people are interested in fighting each other, but I don't think there's an organized force there willing to host a tournament.

Last edited:
Top Bottom