• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future of Smash for WiiU/3DS?

SirGroovitude

Smash Rookie
The game is most definitely fairly new. There's a HUGE future ahead of it. What are some of everyone's ideas and/or thoughts on what might be the future of Sm4sh?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I jusy hope that Smash Bros can still be made by Sakurai, bring all non clone characters back. And the cutscenes too. And hopfully break the ice and add a lot of popular third party characters.

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
Introduce L-canceling.

Allow jumpcanceled Shines.

Increase hitstun to allow better comboing.

The position of Nintendo that "we're not gonna balance this game" is freaking absurd. Good games should have constant updates.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
On the competitive side of things, I really hope people will accept this instead of going like "Sm4sh = Tr4sh" I like watching Smash 4 because of the character diversity within it as of right now and I am pretty sure it will be like that for a while due to most of the roster being balence

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
On the competitive side of things, I really hope people will accept this instead of going like "Sm4sh = Tr4sh" I like watching Smash 4 because of the character diversity within it as of right now and I am pretty sure it will be like that for a while due to most of the roster being balence
Old communities die hard, and slow, and whine the whole time. Shoot, there are *STILL* people who refuse to watch/play SC2 and remain in their tiny clique playing Broodwar. The same happened with CS 1.6 and CS:S... it almost killed the esport, until GO came along.

The SSBM community has seen a huge revival after the Smash movie came out, and has seen a large influx of new, young players. But Sm4sh is probably the future of the community, whether or not the SSBM crowd accept that. Smash is far too small a community as far as esports are concerned to fight among themselves... if you don't play Sm4sh, fine, but you should still support it.

Saying "Sm4sh=tr4sh" is shooting yourself in the foot. Melee is a tiny game in the grand scheme of esports, and if the Smash community voluntarily fractures itself... it's going to stay that way. The game that gets dropped from big gaming events, the game that needs to exist in people's basements to survive.

We need to support each other to remain relevant in the grand scheme of things. I quit Melee, but I don't bash the Melee community.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Very excited to see the meta develop, increasingly so with regards to custom moves being introduced into it. Also interested to see if Nintendo decides to take it anywhere post-Mewtwo and the other 50-facts promised features.

Top Bottom