• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny Spike

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I was screwing around with my friend when I stumbled upon a funny little technique that's kind of mind gamish but also risky. You can jump off one of the sides of the stage and try to bait the opponent off to try and edgeguard and then recover using his side B. Now this worked on my friend who isen't one of the better smashers I've faced, and I'm not sure if it would work against anybody who can properly edge guard. It's still pretty funny because it can easily KO almost anybody over 30%.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I was actually talking about short hopping off the edge, doing your second jump and then using the side B going back to the stage, not away.

Mann

Smash Ace
I was actually talking about short hopping off the edge, doing your second jump and then using the side B going back to the stage, not away.
I know what you mean. But I was giving another option for spiking with raptor boost. If they come after you while you're aiming for that raptor boost, they are in for some trouble.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the tip. ive been meaning to find a good use for this spike. it seems like a viable technique and im sure it would be good for a surprise

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Raptor Boost is funny stuff. My friend and I used Falcon for the first time against each other. 3 Stocks.

I was losing 1-3 stocks. I get it down to 1-1 somehow. But I'm at like 130% and he's at like 20-40%. He hits me and I'm recovering from the edge. (I'm off screen because I'm too far away) I see him following me for an edgeguard so I raptor boost and got the kill.

Then in one of the matches, I hit him away. Went for an edgeguard, missed and grabbed the ledge. He was recovering and raptor boosted me while I was edgehogging (The invincibility frames ran out like 0.00001 second before he hit the move)

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Spiking someone who's on the edge is so fun. I was reminded of that when an Ike aethered onto an edge, I waited a bit, then stomped his *** DOWN!

I'm really bad with the Raptor Boost, I always miss and stock myself...

Top Bottom