• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

funny discovery: super jump on marth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if marth is hit with disable during his up B, he is sent to the ceiling for a very long time and all he can do is fall for like 5 seconds. VERY high super jump, i think higher than the links'.

very little applicability. though i haven't tested this on any stages but FD.

i wonder if it kills marth on poke floats or rainbow cruise. or any other stage for that matter.

regardless, it's hard to hit with because most marths sweet spot anyway. looks hilarious though.

known or not?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I don't know how well it is known, but I have had it happen before. I don't think there is any way that it will kill the Marth though simply because the ceiling seems to artificially rise when this happens; Marth goes way higher than what is needed to be killed in normal circumstances. This is probably the same with other levels.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like the same thing as what happens when you cape someone out of a jump/upb, so it probably isn't version dependant.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lol they wouldn't die if their not hit or the camera doesn't change, right?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, no. I don't have a ride to most tournies. I've only been to one anyways. Usually they'll have to be within 1/2 an hour from my area or something for me to get a ride from someone.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Ah man that's too bad. We need to play some matches eventually at some point. Maybe if there is a tourney down in your area sometime I will be able to come down.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
xD thanks. i was training with a lvl 1 marth and i noticed the cpu's always use up-B when they are just below level with the stage instead of sweetspotting. i wondered what would happen if i disabled marth during his upB and this happened.

to the person who said it's similar to caping: yes it is, but i think disable sends them even higher (or stuck to the ceiling longer, whichever is correct to smash physics.)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Higher.

Ceiling death zone is only activated in a camera moving zone, or when you are in the ceiling death place and you are hit, i believe.

Have you ever done infinite jumps on AR before? >.<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I actually killed someone with disable before. i forgot who though. I did disable on their recovery and they flew back far. they couldnt return.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
If marth tries to catch you off guard by using his upB early, you could hit him with this and then taunt for the win. You'd still have time to charge a shadowball methinks.

Top Bottom