• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

Jzeke420

Smash Rookie
I was just recently playing as mario Vs a kirby on FG. First stock was pretty even. He took my first stock at a high percent and then i got him with a downthrow -> fair spike at like 50%. So i taunted of course and he caught me as i taunted and just bodied me off the stage for a 0-death

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I was just recently playing as mario Vs a kirby on FG. First stock was pretty even. He took my first stock at a high percent and then i got him with a downthrow -> fair spike at like 50%. So i taunted of course and he caught me as i taunted and just bodied me off the stage for a 0-death
The sacred Taunt > Get Bodied combo done right. lol It ain't Smash until you taunt to get bodied.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
One time I fought someone who SDed trying to run away from my invincibility period after he took my stock. So I SDed out of pity. The funny thing is...

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Some days ago, in online: Trying to improve in Roll Glory with Greninja, I take on a Pikachu. In about a minute, he seems to pull a Little Mac with Head Bash, I taunt it carelessly, he recovers... with Quick Attack, right into my down taunt, followed by an Up Smash followed by a Side Smash that finishes him off. Poor guy.
I wish I could post the replay somehow...

aolyf

Smash Rookie
Meteor smashing bayonettas with link's dair always give's me a good ol kek

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
Now, this was entirely because of me being stupid, but man it had me laughing

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ah, the ol' extending your hurtbox into Sing trick. Only thing better is when you get the punish with a transcendent hitbox and fall asleep anyway so you're dozing away when the game ends. "I'm done, time for a nap."

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
One time I was playing Toon Link and I stage spiked a Ryu with a bomb while I was standing on stage... What?

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Ah, the ol' extending your hurtbox into Sing trick. Only thing better is when you get the punish with a transcendent hitbox and fall asleep anyway so you're dozing away when the game ends. "I'm done, time for a nap."
that would be like the classic "If you defeated the opponent without Rest, use it anyways after the final KO" taunt, but for the rest of the cast...

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
When the Gordo doesn't stick, but it still kills your opponent.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I just made someone mad on For Glory on Team Smash. His name was Kyle.

Here's how it went, I was fooling around with Marth. He was tea bagging and taunting every time I died. I won the matches though.

Afterwards, he switched to Marth and I went to Link. Same thing happened.

Then after a couple of rounds, I blocked him and he decided to go Link (not even good to be in a position to tea bag in comparison to my Link). I switched to Roy.

I basically won that match. After that, he started using with these name tags.

"DISGRACE"
"USE"
"REAL"
"CHARACTERS"
"RAYMOND"
"KYS"

And then he left. Now I remember why I miss Wii U For Glory. :laugh:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've run into friends on For Glory before. One time was around summer of last year, and the other was yesterday. I believe I went 5 or 6 rounds with the guy, and I won most of them. The only one I lost to was :4pit: v :4shulk:. My Pit's a bit inconsistent.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
soooooo I was playing these matches with a guy named Blakkid, and he would taunt after every kill (though I always won). So I decide to go with my disrespectful secondary, ganondorf. I pretty much dominated his first stock, and he only got my first stock at around 55%, with me being at around 135%, with a back throw. He then used that taunt where Mario grows, then shrinks (apparently one of the longest taunts in the game). So I dash attack him, and am about to initiate a Volcano Kick on ledge, when I realize I likely won't get the two-frame, and that after getting to the ledge he'll roll.
So, still at the ledge, I turn around and start up Volcano Kick as he gets to the ledge.
Apparently Volcano Kick has a hitbox behind Ganondorf, because he used his getup attack, and my utilt still hit him and killed him. I could see myself slowly flying backwards, so I know I got hit.
So yeah, getup attack clased with Volcano Kick, and while i took damage, he died. It was brilliant.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The funniest thing about FG is how people on these boards think rolling is bad/scrubby.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I decided to go for some "fiyur" on my opponent. The first one I landed was a success. The second one.. well.. see for yourself:

Top Bottom