• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Was fighting this really good Pac-Man a while back. Yaknow, Z-drop fruit and stuff. Six or seven rounds in and I haven't won a match yet, and then it gets down to the end of a match. I'm at 150%, he's at 40% with a key in hand, and there's only 30 seconds left on the clock. Hopeless, right? He jumps, I use Pit's Dspecial, and he drops a key right into the reflector and kills himself.

More recently I was fighting this mediocre Sonic. He pops me up and then I land with Pit's Dspecial and shove him offstage while he's trying to Dtilt or something and he Dairs instead. He respawns, we go back and fourth a bit, then I Dthrow > Fair him off the stage. He side Bs, I down B, I win the match in a minute.

No replays, sadly.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I couldn't believe I was such a dumb*** by letting myself get hit by an aerial Falcon Punch...although it did came with a price.

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't believe I was such a dumb*** by letting myself get hit by an aerial Falcon Punch...although it did came with a price.

The amount of times I've done an accidental falcon punch in mid-air... and in all those times, NONE had any gain! :grin:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
This got me laughing pretty hard. People gotta play casual Smash more often, I'm telling ya.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
One time I was playing Team Smash on the 3DS long ago. I was white alternate Marth and I think my partner was a Diddy. We were against a Captain Falcon and a Bowser Jr. We wrecked each other until Sudden Death when it was just me and the Bowser Jr. I had him by the grab and just when I was about to down throw, a bomb got us both. We got knocked out of Final Destination but I still won. lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is starting to become a common thing for me. Filthy Falcons showing off their moves that would eventually end up killing themselves, it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

NN7

Smash Rookie
NNID
ase798
I was using roy and a mewtwo ran into a mis-input fsmash and died at 45%. He then ran off the edge and gave up.

Fly_Gangsta

Smash Rookie
In FG stages that are hollow underneath the stage, seeing Kirby/Jigglypuff players float from one ledge to the other underneath the stage. Most entertaining when they are at high %, the 5 second countdown started, and another player commits a risky move to KO them before they themselves fall beneath the blast line and are KOed.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Earlier this month, I was playing on For Fun (Yes, I play that mode once in a while. Shoot me!). The stage was Yoshi's Island and it was sudden death between Link (me) and ROB. We started off with our projectile attacks and then we approached eachother. He landed his down smash and then taunted. Unfortunately for him, I teched the yellow platform I hit. Still in taunt animation, I walked up to him, grabbed him, up throwed him, and taunted him. :chuckle: Talk about taunt to get bodied!

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Nothing good happens to me online for the most part, but I do remember that one time I was fighting a Sheik scrub and landed a taunt spike. I really wish I hadn't dropped Luigi, because when I re-picked him up as a secondary, I just couldn't do sh*t like that anymore.

Clure

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clurey
Recently had a match while practicing Shulk: a super polite fellow, they played Falcon for the first few matches before they went Shulk too.
After a few serious matches, I just started doing backslashes. And he joined in. We spent a solid few matches doing nothing but backslashes and it was glorious. On one of them he SD'd twice with backslash, which was pretty amusing. Got to spam that "I'm really feeling it" before every match together too.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Recently had a match while practicing Shulk: a super polite fellow, they played Falcon for the first few matches before they went Shulk too.
After a few serious matches, I just started doing backslashes. And he joined in. We spent a solid few matches doing nothing but backslashes and it was glorious. On one of them he SD'd twice with backslash, which was pretty amusing. Got to spam that "I'm really feeling it" before every match together too.
Rare footage for For Glory being fun? :p

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I had another one of those "taunt to get bodied" moments again. Play the video at 1:42 and you'll see what I mean. :smirk:

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I had two amazing moments last night, now with video proof!

Its not the entire matches but rather just the clips the moments took place. I did this for a variety of reasons (not having to sit and wait for hours for it to upload, and due to gathering clips so I can compile them into one big video) and also note the BGM is muted too.

The first moment was just one of those very lucky "Holy ****, did you see that?" moments. The other I actually felt proud of, and when it happened it left me flailing my arms wildly and laughing like a little school girl. I'll probably never be able to do anything like that again.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Broke a guy's shield with Roy like 8 seconds into the match. He proceeded to take a fully charged neutral B and showed no sign of mashing outta stun.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
^ Speaking of breaking shields, I went Ganondorf against a Kirby player on For Glory earlier today. Beginning of the match, he approaches near the ledge and holds down the inhale attack. I proceed to walk up slowly and charge Ganon's Up tilt. As he gets sucked in, he immediately shields before the attack. I, of course, landed a free reverse Warlock punch. This happens not just once, but THREE TIMES in one match! :laugh: The first two ended his first stock, and after I landed the third one he just SD'd to end the match. One would think a player would learn from their mistakes. :ohwell:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I was playing on For Glory, and I got a :4ness: ditto. I'm pretty sure you already have a good idea of where this is going. Both of us taunted at the start, and then my opponent ran towards me, and we synchronously spammed PK Fire for a while before... actually playing the game.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I was playing on For Glory, and I got a :4ness: ditto. I'm pretty sure you already have a good idea of where this is going. Both of us taunted at the start, and then my opponent ran towards me, and we synchronously spammed PK Fire for a while before... actually playing the game.
You better have gimped him with PSI Magnet...

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
This video speaks for itself... :grin: Pretty much, no one knew what the **** they were doing. (Captured on Patch 1.1.5):

THIS VIDEO IS WARIO APPROVED. :p
note: if there's nothing there... let me know, and I'll change the youtube settings.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
This is starting to become a common thing for me. Filthy Falcons showing off their moves that would eventually end up killing themselves, it's embarrassing.

EXCUSE ME?! :grin: What did I just watch...

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
Started a match out with some random guy, and when he saw I picked Sonic he killed himself twice to end the game and to trash talk me on the character select screen for my character choice.

Topaz Pikmin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Topaz_Pikmin
Well, looks like it's time for story time!
Keep in mind that this was quite awhile ago, so I was slightly more terrible at the game than I am now.
I was on For Glory. I was fighting a Cloud as Kirby. The Cloud wasn't very good. He was spamming F-Smash, U-Smash and Side-B, but keep in mind I wasn't (and still am) not very good. So when we were both on one stock he managed to break my shield.
I was at killing percent (for shieldbreak state anyway) and he was pushing me to the ledge. Then, right at the ledge, Cloud walked right past me, he fell off the stage, died and lost the match.
I really wish I still had the replay. It was absolutely hilarious.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
Sometimes when I edgeguard people that have a crappy recovery and I have a turnip ready, they try to stay away from the ledge to not get hit...and end up killing themselves...even if i didn't throw the turnip. I muss be intimidating.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Fought a For Glory Link today twice as King Dedede. After my second victory he put up the tag "BROKEN" and left. I am not only baffled by this, but also consider it to be the funniest "John" I've seen in For Glory to date. Other than that, I had a slightly intense match with a Ness player that did not spam and knew what he was doing as Ness combo wise (I say slightly intense because he was a bit of a camper).

Near the end we're both well over 120%, and I managed to grab him and throw him right off the edge. The funny part:

I threw a Gordo to make him back off from the edge, and force him to use his UP B. Meanwhile I used my own UP B and as soon as his went off I Dedede slammed him into the dark abyss. I also feel like I got lucky, as I could of gotten KOed first if it wasn't for his %.

Thank god for that Dedede super armor though, or things wouldn't of turned out that way...

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm too lazy to explain here what happened, but everything you need to know is in the description.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
A cloud player proving that playing cloud actually makes you just as braindead as him.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I can't exactly recall a particular moment with Sleepypuff, but whenever I pull her out in Doubles on For Glory, a lot of dumb s*** tends to happen one way or the other and you can bet that rest was involved.

Also, I remember playing as Ganondorf about a year ago on Free-For-All, and one of the 3 other players was also playing as Ganondorf. Both of us would taunt if one of us got a kill on one of the other 2 players and we would just do a bunch of random s***. Soon enough, it became 3 Ganondorfs and then finally, everyone was Ganondorf. It was on Halberd and everyone started the match with a taunt. Then everyone was running, "dash-dashing", and throwing out random warlock punches without a single care in the world. Sadly though, that was the only 4 Ganondorf match of that night, but I was with that other Ganondorf for hours before that lol fest happened.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Misinput kills always crack me up. Those are like the rawest form of "we take those". Like the time I accidentally fastfalled a Ganon Nair over the ledge, catching my opponent with only the first hit, then panic-inputting a jab... and managing to kill with that instead.

The other week, also had an occurrence where I attempted to Flame Choke onto the stage while my opponent, Toon Link, tried to anticipate it and use a Dair where I would land, but used it a smidgen too early. Except this happened to cause him to hit the ground and generate his Dair's windbox JUST before I caught him with Choke, blowing me off the stage with him in my grasp and turning a normal aerial Choke attempt into a successful Ganoncide with the stick held forward the entire time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom