• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

iDaire

Smash Cadet
NNID
iDaire
I got a ken/king combo out with Dedede against a Falcon.
I forward air'd him off the stage while I was above him, and in an attempt to read, I jumped and down air'd. Reading successfully, he jumped into my down air.
What makes me laughed is that he called me a Jew after the match was over. I was like "Wot M8?"

D

Deleted member

Oh, have I got a story for you.

I came across this guy with the tag "YOLOMCSWAG". I knew what I was in for.

:4falcon:- First match, he goes Falcon with the gold alt and flowcharts all over the place. Dash grabs, down throw, dash attack, down airs and knees when I'm not even near him... it was beautiful stuff. Thankfully I was Dedede first match and two stocked him. Later on he did the same thing and I was playing Zelda, two stocked him again.

:4link:- Yes, he did use the Fierce Deity skin. He literally did nothing but rolls, boomerangs, smash attacks when close (and even when I'm not even close to him), and down airs when hit upwards. Was Dedede this match again, and when he was recovering with zair, hanging from below the ledge, I got him with a Gordo. It knocked him back above the stage right above me, and I killed him with up air last stock.

:4mario:- American Mario. Lmao. Fireballs, fireballs, fireballs, up smash, desperate attempts at trying to spike or stage spike me. Did not go well for him.

:4cloud:- Bad Clouds are just hilarious, he was one of them. Blade Beam and random fsmashes all over the place.

I two stocked his :4luigi: with Mewtwo after those matches and then he finally left. Had a riot last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiserkami

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5344-1067-5728
Whoo boy I got a few of them since I hang around For Glory alot (someone save me)
:4falcon: This guy is a riot. Almost every single Falcon player I see try to do Melee combos, trying to style trying so HARD to spike me as mario/cloud that they end up dooming themselves when I read them or simply push them off with cape/fluud.
:4littlemac: One dude with a tag MK was playing mac, I assumed Meta Knight but whatever. All he did was Foward smash, D smash, side b mashing. He took a game off of me when I was cloud and he was feeling good, taunting the whole time tea bagging the ground, so I played mario. JV'd him. He got mad and switched to :4ganondorf:. I killed him both times by baiting him to side b off the ledge. I couldn't stop laughing.
:4cloud: This dude...where to begin? I'm learning cloud so when I see bad clouds it like looking at someone playing FF7 for the first time, not understanding how the limit break system works, and wondering where is his materia.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I was playing a For Glory match. Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. :4mario: vs. :4ganondorf:. Suddenly, we do a trade and we both are sent flying. As soon as I land, I taunt because it kind of looked funny.
Then the Ganondorf taunts back.
Then I taunt too.
Then we spam taunts for a while.
We look at each other somewhat awkwardly, occasionally crouching and shorthopping.
Then I begin charging FLUDD and we proceed with the match as usual as if nothing happened. We wasted a minute of the match just taunting each other like idiots because of a simple trade?
Also, yesterday, I fought a :4metaknight: at For Glory. I got the notification that the match was "Part of a Conquest" in the beggining.
I JV3's him and he quit the lobby faster than the speed of light. The closest he ever got to hurting me was when he used :GCR::GCB: near me, but it didn't even touch my shield. In fact, I don't even think he touched me the entire match, not even my shield...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

For Those Kind of Moments When Something Unexpected Helps You...

:dazwa:.

Dat last kill though, SOGUD.

Kanvas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1315-1561
I started in the 3rd match in a session, me and another person both randomly went ganon. So we did the corect thing and did an immediate synchronized down-taunt, then a tryhard Ike charged into the middle of us and brought the ultimate punish by trying to counter our taunts.

Last edited:

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
I was playing For Fun, taunt partying in a corner while a Villager and Pac-man were going at it. A fire hydrant goes down, the villager pockets a water splash. Seconds later, the Villager goes flying, and takes out the water, rides on it, pockets his own pocket, and surfs again.

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
This. Roy falling for my way too obvious trap not just once, but twice! This was the easiest win of my life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrAHV-Tvqw

Also, it's funny when I beat people with Kirbycide, and then they suddenly start playing as Kirby to see if they can use Kirbycide against me. However, since they usually aren't Kirby mains, they fail hilariously. I'm a good Kirbycider because Kirby is my main since my first day of Smashing (in Melee, 12 years ago). People who barely use Kirby won't have proper Kirbycide skills overnight, it's funny to see them fail at Kirbycide and then get beaten by the simplest Fire Hammer. And yes, I'm talking about For Glory.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"DIS AZZ DESERVES RECOGNITION!!!"
That's all she wrote...but couldn't help myself laughing.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Not sure if this is the funniest thing that ever happened to me, but surely is the funniest thing of today:

poor guy even needed a 2nd try to kill himself...

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just come back from my friend's house after a ton of 2v2s and boy did we leave it on a good note - last game, with 5 seconds left we confirmed Nosferatu into Super Dedede Jump for a last second spike. It. -was. -beautiful. :')

There was some luck involved, sure, but... Damn we felt like we accomplished something right there. We were already winning so it was a major case of insult to injury, and it was hilarious, we just didn't expect it at all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's a Little Mac scrub at his finest...except he took something with him...

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
A few patches ago, I had a For Fun doubles match that didn't end up doubles.

Just as the game is starting the match on the Pikmin stage( the moment my screen starts going black) my alleged random partner leaves/disconnects. The match continues as a 2v1, which isn't supposed to happen?

I was so surprised that I didn't bother fighting. I just kept ducking in an attempt to be spared. The other team's Sonic was cool about it and we goofed around a bit, but after a while the Shulk wasn't feeling it.
I managed to get to Sudden Death somehow, and then the miracle that is RNG bombs gave me the victory.
I have the match saved somewhere on my hard drive. Now I gotta find it.

SharpedoByte

Smash Rookie
NNID
jloney2276
I was picking up falco and met a ROB on for glory and he 2 stocked my falco and started saying I was bad and talking **** so I played my main (ness) and 2 stocked him and he said I spam and quit

Furret24

Smash Master
This FF moment of mine from last night was unlucky, funny, sad, and just plain stupid.

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
Some time last year, I was using Mario and I ran into a a R.O.B.

It was a pretty quick match, as I landed quite the spike early on. The real funny part came once he got his second chance. I caught him and then hit him with a few up-tilts. Before long, R.O.B. got annoyed and started flying upward and then tried to fly right off stage. But I was quick enough to land a nasty spike.

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
A couple days ago, I came across a Yoshi who would constantly down-special as a landing option. I decided to stay a few matches because I knew hilarity would follow. I switched to Greninja, and used Hydro Pump when they used Yoshi Bomb. They ended up falling diagonally past the stage to their death.

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
A couple days ago, I came across a Yoshi who would constantly down-special as a landing option. I decided to stay a few matches because I knew hilarity would follow. I switched to Greninja, and used Hydro Pump when they used Yoshi Bomb. They ended up falling diagonally past the stage to their death.
I think I dealt with someone thinking Bowser's Down B would seal the deal. The problem was, we eventually were so high up, and we couldn't see any land. I deftly moved away at the right time, and watched him plunge--missing the near edge by a lot.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
A while ago on For Glory, I was Lucas and my opponent was Fox. When he was around 40%, I did B-Throw , jumped off the stage and spiked him with B-air, then almost immediately footstooled him. Then when he got back, I did the same thing to him. I had a replay of it, but some minor update came out and it was invalidated.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Alright, I have a lil' story.

I was Ness, my opponent was Mewtwo.
We fight for a while and eventually we're both down to one stock each.
I manage to knock him off the stage and decide to try a PK Flash. I charge it as he makes his way back to the stage...
...when he suddenly uses his side-B to reflect it, sending me skywards, resulting in a screen-KO.
But at the same time, by using his side-B, he fails to grab the ledge and falls. He tries to teleport back to the ledge, but doesn't quite make it and falls into the pit, a moment before Ness slid off the screen, losing a stock.

It was quite the experience.

Browny

Smash Hater
I joined an FG match as sonic, opponent was Pit.

As soon as the match started he immediately runs off the stage and SD both stocks then in the character select screen, changes his tag to 'SONCNOSKIL' and quits.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I ran across this effective strategy in For Fun, with a friend.

Definitely not a good battle, but we were laughing so much.

Last edited:

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
Playing as Shulk against a cocky Fox player, only to have him launch me slightly too far to grab the ledge. As I fall to my doom, he jumps down to try to get a last hit in, only to get X-slashed and tech'd to his death.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just had a match which ended spectacularly with them using Meta Knight's "Fight me." taunt while I was charging Limit as Cloud, only for me to use Cloud's up taunt - which if you didn't know, Cloud says "Not interested." - and then instantly kill him with Limit Blade Beam.

I love taunt interactions. :cool:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
:4bowser: vs :4falcon: - I had been crushing the whole match. This kid went for Falcon's dunks ten too many times. So, when he was on his final stock and I was at, oh, 118% or so, I used B-Throw to chuck him off. I followed him up, and he tried to get the Raptor Boost (Whatever his Side+B is) dunk. I responded with a Bowser D-Air, which took me right over him, got the spike, and sent him to the Shadow Realm.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
This one may require a tiny bit of explaining, so please bear with me:

So I do 2V2s a lot with a friend and have a habit of stealing his KOs. He dubbed this action as "Putting my sticker on them". Most of them are normally accidents while other times I want to make sure the opponent is completely dead. This developed into a funny competition of us always trying to steal each others KOs (yeah we're on the same team so it doesn't matter, but it makes teams much more fun to play). Sometimes all it takes is a simple little tap to take it away and hilarity is always assured to ensue during these matches.

So one 2V2 match we were against an Ike and someone else I can't quite remember. I believe he was Ganondorf at the time while I was ROB, and basically we were both trying to edge guard the Ike while we could. If I remember right I remember throwing my Gyro upward over the edge trying to hit him with it from below but it ended up missing. That Ike was trying really hard to make it back to the Stage.

My friend was literally doing most of the work to keep him off the Stage. My Gyro fell straight down while that Ike was trying to Side B and he didn't charge it enough to make it back to the Stage and accepted his fate, beginning to drop down. He was literally so far below the stage he had to of been one pixel away from the blast line when suddenly... TAP!... My Gyro actually hit him, which was shocking.

It didn't throw him up enough, and although that Ike tried to Up B he just couldn't make it. My friend was so upset by that and it left me in a laughing fit for the rest of the match. That KO shouldn't of been mine, there's no way it should of been mine. That was just great.

There was another recent 2V2 match we had a week ago that happened in a similar fashion. I was ROB and he was Cloud.

I was on the exact opposite side of the Stage dealing with my opponent while he was on the other side dealing with a Megaman. I tried to use my Gyro to hit my opponent but missed and it ended up sliding a bit and barely stopping at the other side barely hanging from the edge. At the same time my friend was there and knocked Megaman off stage. He was attempting to charge Limit Break and instead accidentally used it. The wind actually blew my Gyro away and smacked the Megaman while he was trying to recover with his Up B...

He tried to recover again but couldn't make it back. That was not my intended target and my friend got so upset with me. Every time something like that happens I have to tell him "I wasn't trying to, I swear!" to which he responds "That's what makes it so bad!"

We always laugh about this stuff, but sometimes I can't help but feel my friend dies a little on the inside when things like this happen.

Last edited:

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
I joined an FG match as sonic, opponent was Pit.

As soon as the match started he immediately runs off the stage and SD both stocks then in the character select screen, changes his tag to 'SONCNOSKIL' and quits.
Yep, that happened to me. Things like that make me wish that players like the one you mentioned would grow a spine and fight, rather than flee because Sonic's his opponent. I bet if they ran into a player who changed his tag to 'PITNOSKILL' they'd hate it too.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
How do they come to the conclusion that Sonic "takes no skill" and why would they quit?
Is it because they see Sonic high in tier lists and assume people who use him are tier whores? And they quit because of what? Kind of makes them look scared to fight a character that might be considered "good"...

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
How do they come to the conclusion that Sonic "takes no skill" and why would they quit?
Is it because they see Sonic high in tier lists and assume people who use him are tier whores? And they quit because of what? Kind of makes them look scared to fight a character that might be considered "good"...
It's that such people only think of Sonic as one of the following:
-Spams side B
-Always uses up air, spring, up air
-Spams forward air to the end of one stage

Sonic is much more than those things. Side B, I think is a great set up, and some people can really be creative with it. Down B also helps in its own way. But did they forget about Sonic's side tilt, standard combo, side smash, of his down air? Guess they're scared of a character who is built that way.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It's easy to **** on Sonic, due to the condition of his franchise and is (aside from his fans) almost universally hated and/or mocked by the internet.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
One time I was playing Bowser, and I came across a Ness player. By far the worst I have ever seen. On his first stock, he repeatedly used PK Flash for no reason, and did minimal damage to me before I broke his shield with Bowser Bomb and killed him with FSmash. Next stock, he starts spamming PK Fire, and manages to kill me after he takes 100 damage. IMMEDIATELY AFTER I RESPAWN, he tries to shield Bowser Bomb AGAIN. MASSIVE PLOT TWIST INCOMING: His shield breaks again, I FSmash again, and he dies again. And then he ragequits.

For Glory amazes me sometimes.

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
This one time I fought a Fox who was pretty good. During Our last stock he was at 150 or so and I was at 50 with my charge shot fully charged. He started to spam lasers and I just stood there. After I got to 100 I started slow walking until I got pretty close. I He tried to up smash me but he whiffed it. We just stood there for 10 seconds and then I used the charge shot. I don't know why it was so funny to me but I laughed for 1 minute straight after that.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Had some friendlies today (On 3DS - FG rules, so 2 stock, etc.) as Fox and the guy I was against played Ness for one game - needless to say it was obvious he wasn't used to playing Ness, but regardless, the KO I got by hitting him between PK-Thunder and the actual ledge-grab with my Jab-1 was hilarious. He dropped like a stone.

Admittedly, it was a KO based mostly on human error, but the whole "It looked like Fox Jab-1ing Ness out of PK Thunder, and him dropping like a brick." deal was waaay too funny to me.

Top Bottom